Led Dash pics:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my bulbs and installed them today. Went smoothly, however one of the HVAC bulbs need to be flipped because its not lighting up. Anyway, im pleased, decided to white out the needles as well, how you might ask? Sand paper, and liquid white out haha, worked out well.....

Crappy cell phone pics:
0213091332yh4.jpg

0213092005rk0.jpg

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great - can you tell me what type bulbs you bought and how many

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great - can you tell me what type bulbs you bought and how many

I got mine through: www.superbrightleds.com and I definitely recommend them! Heres what I bought:

qty.
(6) 194 bulbs for the gauges.
(4) T1.5's for the HVAC controls.
(1) 4410-x9 festoon bulb for the dome light.

I got extras of each incase they happen to go out. I found all the information on the instal on this thread: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/interior-tech/286955-obs-led-dash-how.html

Im going to look into the door/window control lights and also the footwell lights. I'll let you know what I come up with.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice yall. i have one light out on my heater/fan control assembly, and i may consider doing everything this way. good pics.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice yall. i have one light out on my heater/fan control assembly, and i may consider doing everything this way. good pics.

Just be careful pulling the HVAC box out, I broke the tabs on mine so I had to ghetto rig it back into place. Is it just me or is all of the interior on these things held together with clips and tabs, all of which I seem to break because I don't know which way they're supposed to bend....ohh well!

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol just yesterday i finally got the wire that goes from the aux. cd player up to the back of the head unit, and i broke the one tab on the HVAC control assembly. got it back in with the one side on and the other kind of pushed in, and its holding fine without making any noises. cant complain about the ease of pulling the panels off tho.

Pooh Bear

Reaction score
The cluster looks real good. I was wondering if you can tell me the part numbers for each bulb. Also, does vehicle year matter? I have an 01 Yukon and I know my hvac bulbs have to be soldered in.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! How long of a process was it?

To get everything off, switch the bulbs, test each one, then put everything back together I would say no more than 30min to an hour. I decided to paint my needles about halfway through which took and extra half hour but it was a pretty basic install.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any luck on window switch lights?

Haven't had a chance to look yet, I'll probably be able to let you know tonight. I would imagine they are probably just the 194 bulbs, if my memory serves me correctly they looked pretty similar to the gauge bulbs when I had the door panel off for upholstering.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine through: www.superbrightleds.com and I definitely recommend them! Heres what I bought:

qty.
(6) 194 bulbs for the gauges.
(4) T1.5's for the HVAC controls.
(1) 4410-x9 festoon bulb for the dome light.

I got extras of each incase they happen to go out. I found all the information on the instal on this thread: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/interior-tech/286955-obs-led-dash-how.html

Im going to look into the door/window control lights and also the footwell lights. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Ok im going to order the 5 led ones. Those are the ones where its 4 angled to the sides and the 1 straight up right? Or should I go w/ the 6 led one that are all facing up

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you still dim them? I like the look of the blue (I have a pontiac also, so im tired of red) but it looks pretty bright in that pic.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok im going to order the 5 led ones. Those are the ones where its 4 angled to the sides and the 1 straight up right? Or should I go w/ the 6 led one that are all facing up

Yep I got the 5-Led ones, they look a little funky but they are the right ones.