LED Tail Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrombs13

Reaction score
Anyone know how to help me? I went to put my led tail lights in today (very simple plug in)...one worked, but blinked real fast so I switched the plug around to see if this would correct the quick blinking and it wouldn't work at all so I switched it back the way I had it. Long story short, now, even with my stock tail lights back in, neither tail light signals work!? And no, the bulbs didn't burn out....Could it be a blown fuse or ?? I'd appreciate any help!!!!
Thanks

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2364737783_921264ef09.jpg

The running lamp goes at the top, the turn signal in the middle and of course the reverse at the bottom. If you put them in backwards sometimes it will blow the fuse. So check the fuses under the hood. If you have the same ones as me, what I did was write 1,2,3 on the stock light and the light socket harness. Makes it easier to install. Then write the corresponding number on the led light.

CelticBhoy

Reaction score
Led taillight problem

Same thing happend to me this morning when I tried to install the led's, I checked the fuse panel under the dash and all was fine now that I now whare to look for the other fuse it should be an easy repair, thanks for the write up:thumbsup:

CelticBhoy

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im sure you have a blown fuse. same thing happened to me. its the fuse in the engine compartment.

chrombs13

Reaction score
Holy ****! Tast01, you're the man. As emberrassed as I am to admit it, I just finished getting them to work right after reading your reply....been messing with them since about 9am...its now 3:23!!! All I had to do was switch the blinker and running light connectors. FOR CRYIN OUTLOUD!!!! Thanks for everyone's help! :mpr:

chrombs13

Reaction score
Oh, and in my friggin long day of messing with these things, I blew a box n 1/2 of fuses (10amp in the dash)......good times

chrombs13

Reaction score
Sh*&%^&%*T!!!!

Now my brake lights & reverse lights don't work! Only the blinkers work!!???????

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crombs i feel you pain i screwed mine up the first time hooking them up backwards and it was a fuse popping bad time for a few days. I checked the panel just inside the drivers door i blew a few in there and some under the hood as well finally got the lights hooked up the right way and they worked

tribalbreak

Reaction score
anyone got pictures of their led lights on and then with the brake lights on? im thinking of getting a set but i want to see how they look before i shell out the cash?

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is one of mine the right side is working properly here the left side wasnt due to a blown fuse but it gives you an idea how bright they are in the daytime

taillights013.jpg

rwilliams192

Reaction score
I have a question, i wanna get LED tails for my 99 tahoe but i hear that the LEDs themselves dont last long and then you have to buy a whole new tail light. I also wanna know about the way its made. Ive bought after market tails for my old car and they were ****, they leaked and water got in them. Idk if certain brand are better or not tho. And i also need to be able to fit a strobe light bulb into the reverse light housing. If anyone could help my id appreciate it.