LED Tails HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost and Tast among others.......

i've got the same tails that you guys(and many others have). i was tryin to put em on when and got myself stuck when it came to physically bolting them on. the screws that were holding my stockers in dont line up and they are WAAAAAY too small for the holes on the new housings. i couldn't find new hardware with the new tails, any help would be great!!!!!

call me an idiot if you like.......haha

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can you mount them or not, loose fitment or something?
Better explain in another post what the actual problem is?

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2 "plugs" that go into the forward part of the tail light cavity line up and fit fine. the problem is where i took the 2 factory housing screws out and should, i think, put them back in to hold the new housing into place. the screws dont line up nor do they fit the new housing for that matter.

the housing fits in the space, i just cant for the life of me figure out how to hold it in place if i cant get the screws in.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they aren't lining up, mine took me 15 minutes with no hangups.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boost, did you use the screws that came out of the factory housings?

the holes are in place, off by maybe 1/16" , but the screws i have are too damn small......

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SORRY!!!!

forget this thread ever existed.....

i just realized that there is metal clips on the factory housing that i need to take off and put on the new ones so that the screws will fit!!!

thanks guys!!! my bad for bein a moron!!! :suicide:

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, sorry to bug you about it man, wouldve been nice for them to send a heads up with the "wiring instructions", but i was in a rush. i can fix a 40 million dollar jet, but can't install some damn tail lights........fvcK my life!!!haha

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, sorry to bug you about it man, wouldve been nice for them to send a heads up with the "wiring instructions", but i was in a rush. i can fix a 40 million dollar jet, but can't install some damn tail lights........fvcK my life!!!haha

u national guard or something?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What crack cocaine does to people!!!:(
LoL just joking:smilielol: knew something was wrong somehwhere with what you were saying.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did none of you guys have that problem?? or did yall's come with the clips already installed? i just thought it was odd. bout broke a couple clips trying to pry em off my old tails.

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SORRY!!!!

i just realized that there is metal clips on the factory housing that i need to take off and put on the new ones so that the screws will fit!!!

I did the same thing but i noticed it right away.

kkali

Reaction score
SORRY!!!!

lol thanks bwilly20 without this thread i was lost as well.... F those metal clips and F the company for not saying "hey btw you need to take off the metal clips off the stock lights and put them on your new lights" anyways thanks....

Rons03Hoe

Reaction score
Any of you guys had problem with your cruise control not working after installing this LED tail? I got one from ebay and for some reason - my cruise control doesnt work, but works again with the stock tail.