Let me see pics of what you installed in the CD player spot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am gonna get an equalizer and I've read on here that people have put them in the cd player spot with some modification but I'd like to actually see the finished product so I can get inspired on how to do it. Also would like to see pics of anything else people put there.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this thread better be alive in 3 weeks when mine is done!! im building a custom center console with a tv under the radio, and a tv in the rear of it for the back seats, as well as a ps2.

tann808

Reaction score
Not sure if the 94-99 models are similiar to the 01 and up but I installed my EQ in the CD changer spot and moved my AC controller on the overhead and install a center channel speaker (i gotta finish it with some cover and mesh).

2816445891_f41e0131c3_o.jpg

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put an EQ in my spot also. and a one and a half din ( i think) sized head unit.

Mounting is a concern for me too. how would you make that work? is there a special bracket you use?

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I can just take the slide brackets off the side of the cd player and glue them maybe to the eq. Then it just slides in real easy and then just make a trim square to cover any gaps. I'll do it after christmas probably and post pics.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i talked to my friend today about my console, and found out im addin an eq as well... this is gonna be the longest build of my life. im debating replacing the pocket with it, but im not sure yet. i'd be doing a lot of fiberglassing anyway.. so we'll see. if i do, i'll post pics, if not, i'll post pics of the tvs. lol