Lets talk brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my hoes brakes are FRIED as in they squeak and make my hoe hop like a low rider when I hit the brakes Ive been doing alot of research and im still pretty clueless about them. Can some one pleaseeeeeeeeee explain to me what I need to change and whats is the best and cheapest way around. Im looking to change my front and rear brakes. HELP!!!!!!!!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the slotted, those cheap cross drilled ebay rotors will crack on ya. My braking was ridiculously better on my tahoe once I did the fronts, really make the truck handle better.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently Powerslot doesn't make Rotors for are models only 2000 up?

However it does make them for the Suburban in our year models... i didn't think there was any differance?

For the Burbs 1500 4x4 8609 PSL & 8609 PSR

And on ebay they are 97.04 a peice so.. times that by 2.. 194.08 for both rotors.. (note: the auction is only for one rotor etiher PSL (left) or PSR (right) )

Shippins free tho - i dunno if u can get em cheaper else where - probably can

Last edited:

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerslots and hawk pads.

Thats what I'm running and love them. I have had them on for a while and gone through two sets of pads with no issues with the powerslots. I'm doing a hydroboost conversion in the next couple of weeks to help my braking some more.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats ..... I'm doing a hydroboost conversion in the next couple of weeks to help my braking some more.

Which hydroboost system are you looking at? Vanco doesn't list one on their website.

I already have the upgraded sterring pump for the soon to be added winch.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which hydroboost system are you looking at? Vanco doesn't list one on their website.

I already have the upgraded sterring pump for the soon to be added winch.

I'm going with a hydratech kit. Its a little pricey for their kit but everything is new and the mounting plate they provide allows you to retain your stock brake pedal.

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept running through pads and re-surfacing rotors until I went over to Raybestos ceramic pads. My old pads were Autozone lifetime. Raybestos only had a one year, but they've been on there for far longer than one year. The brakes are great!

Word from the dealer was, switch to ceramic pads. If that doesn't help, ceramic pads + slotted/drilled rotors.

Hardwarz

stkr

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe limited. Brake pedal feel is awful. Carbo-metallic z-rated front pads helped some. Has police pkg brakes but no feel. Anybody have this problem?

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running ceramic pads and slotted rotors for 3 years now...just replaced the pads for the first time last winter.
When I purchased the rotors, everyone I spoke with said to not get the drilled. They crack to easily.