License Plate Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sylvanias site gives u the majority of the bulbs but not the map lights inside.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Map lights are 44mm......after doing mine, i would even say 42mm would work. hope that helps.

Seavee33

Reaction score
would the leds inside the car dim also when you close the doors and how do u remove the cover for the lights under the side rear view mirrors

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would the leds inside the car dim also when you close the doors and how do u remove the cover for the lights under the side rear view mirrors

Yes they dim.......and you just need a flathead screwdriver and you look for the area on the plastic to slip it in and "pop" it goes. Very easy :thumbsup:

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how ordering from that site goes. I'm not overly impressed with it so it brings up some hesitance.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, of the 4410 LED Festoon bulbs, what color did you choose, bright white or warm white. Had you wished you chose a different color or a different size? Was the overall effect better and/or brighter than stock?

Also, for the license plate light, again, we are talking the cool white light, correct?

Finally, has anyone done the vanity bulbs located in the sun visors?

Thanks!

Seavee33

Reaction score
hey thanks, im just afraid of breaking the cover cause it looks like it wants to break.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so the brightest lights are the 194/168 for the licence plates, but to the mirror i have a puddle light out (pasenger side) and i cant find the number, what bulb is it. i have an 06, sorry for the wrong section.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, of the 4410 LED Festoon bulbs, what color did you choose, bright white or warm white. Had you wished you chose a different color or a different size? Was the overall effect better and/or brighter than stock?

Also, for the license plate light, again, we are talking the cool white light, correct?

Finally, has anyone done the vanity bulbs located in the sun visors?

Thanks!

i went with the cool white on the festoon bulbs, i went with the 4410s as well, they are a hair long but you can make them work, i love the color, its a white with a little blue, match my 6k hids perfectly, and they are a ALOT brighter than the stock bulbs.

for the license plate i went with the cool white in a 194.

i ordered all mine from superbrightleds.com and will order from them again.

ok so the brightest lights are the 194/168 for the licence plates, but to the mirror i have a puddle light out (pasenger side) and i cant find the number, what bulb is it. i have an 06, sorry for the wrong section.

mine are 194s and i beleive the 06 models also have 194s

ok guys i got curious and took the bulbs out of the visors, they are also festoons, they are alot shorter than the map lights, they dnt have a number on the bulbs but from looking at superbrightleds.com i think they are 30mm long, and looking more closely on there site the bulbs i ordered for the maps were 4410s, which are 44mm long, they also make a 42mm (4210)and a 39mm (3910), either might fit alittle better than the 44mms.

heres a few pics of my leds inside and out, they are all cool whites.
294818057.jpg

299059267.jpg

299059249.jpg

299059244.jpg

299059241.jpg

299059239.jpg

hope this helps guys!

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
enless the 194 cross over with this bulb i think i SOL in finding them.

anybody know where to get 578 bulbs in super white LED's, thats the code on my puddle light bulb, i have not looked at the licence plate bulbs yet, i need to do that and order those super white ones.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to spend a few extra bucks.....this is brightest LED they make in the 194/168 bulb

wled-whp.jpg

just ordered 6 of these.

2 for licence plates

2 for side marker lamps on the front
2 for the map lights on the inside.

now i just gotta order 8 others for the mirrors and the rest of the interior. like 70 bucks:eek2: :ack:

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered 6 of these.

2 for licence plates

2 for side marker lamps on the front
2 for the map lights on the inside.

now i just gotta order 8 others for the mirrors and the rest of the interior. like 70 bucks:eek2: :ack:

im thinking bout upgrading to these and throwing my old onto my sisters ho or my work truck...let me kno how u like them

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 X WHP-WLP 194 bulbs (plate and puddle lights)
7 X 4410 LED 44MM festoon (all interior on a Yukon)
4 X 3022-x4 LED 30MM festoon (vanity lights)

all in cool white = $79.34 with 2 day UPS

Last edited:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 X WHP-WLP 194 bulbs (plate and puddle lights)
7 X 4410 LED 44MM festoon (all interior on a Yukon)
4 X 3022-x4 LED 30MM festoon (vanity lights)

all in cool white = $79.34 with 2 day UPS

I've been looking for the vanity bulb sizes.....are you sure they are 30mm??

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys i got curious and took the bulbs out of the visors, they are also festoons, they are alot shorter than the map lights, they dnt have a number on the bulbs but from looking at superbrightleds.com i think they are 30mm long

z71 mentions it here too.........I'm good with 30MM for the vanitys

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VANITY UPDATE - they are 30mm but the 3022 number I listed above is too fat. I was able to "pinch" them down and get them to work, just a bit hinky if you can get thinner ones.

Everything else was spot on and looks good. I did have a bit of trouble with the lenses for the puddle lights not wanting to stay on, a small bit of silicon worked.