License Plate Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny07

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to replace the license plate lamps on the 07 Tahoe? I want to replace them with the lamps that the new Lexus cars have on them. I think they look cool and I was wondering if anyone had changed their license plate lamps to this look. Can you please tell me if this can be done and where would I be able to get the bulbs from?

Thanks for all your help!

Manny07

Reaction score
Thanks AZ, are they hard to replace? Do you have any pics so we can use for reference?

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I order a pair about two weeks ago, Im still waiting for them. I got the WLED WHP 194, which is to be the brigters one they have.

Which one did you got AZSCTACO? do you have pics ?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try and get a picture tonight. I bought the 194 wedge bulb which has 4 leds per bulb. Plenty bright for me. Super easy to replace....just a phillips hed screwdriver. Don't hesitate to buy and do this...super cheap mod and looks classy.

Just a FYI when you guys put the bulbs in and they don't light.....don't worry. Just turn the bulb around the other way and it will light up.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I bought - 4 LED. They are on the 2nd page to the link I added earlier.

wled-x4_all.jpg

If you want to spend a few extra bucks.....this is brightest LED they make in the 194/168 bulb

wled-whp.jpg

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought

921-x12 Wedge Base LED bulb
921 Type with 12 LEDs, replaces 194/168/912 wedge base car bulbs
Wide 75 degree beam pattern, non-polarized
measures 1.20 inch long by 0.60 inch diameter

It plugged in and worked but was too big to put cover back on. It was just a fraction too long. Use this to guide your purchase. Some of the larger 194s list the size and some do not.

Manny07

Reaction score
I ordered mine today from the following website. A little bit more expensive but I heard they work great.

http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_63&products_id=141

Thanks for your help!!

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 screws on each lamp cover remove and pull straight out on the oem lamps and replace with led lites! easy 5 monute job

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also replaced all my bulbs with led inside and out, bought them all from superbrightleds.com

Seavee33

Reaction score
Hey, whats up i just got me an '08 yukon and i want to change the license plate,back-ups and puddle lights whats a good brand and whats there bulb #

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, whats up i just got me an '08 yukon and i want to change the license plate,back-ups and puddle lights whats a good brand and whats there bulb #

Try reading the whole thread and all your answers are there :thumbsup:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also replaced all my bulbs with led inside and out, bought them all from superbrightleds.com

I was looking into switching the overhead lights inside. There are 6 so kinda expensive. Do you have bulb info for the map lights? Do they fade out as the stocks do?

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into switching the overhead lights inside. There are 6 so kinda expensive. Do you have bulb info for the map lights? Do they fade out as the stocks do?

they are kinda expensive compared to the 194s, i forget the numbers id have to take them out to see, all i did was take the stocks out which can be taken out with a screw driver and they have a number and you can crossreference on superbrightleds.com

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine 212-1 was on the end. No help on the superbrite site.

Festoon type require size in MM.

Anyone know?