Looking at a 07 Police tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SourDeez

Reaction score
hey guys. just looking for some input and advice here.

I currently have a 99 Mercury grand marquis which I love, its an awesome car but it's terrible in the snow.. literally the second snow or ice hits the ground, I am going no where fast.

Always loved the new style tahoes, and I also especially liked the police ones (plain, stealth looking, ho alt, steelies)

I been finding a bunch of good deals on 07 police hoes and am about to pull the trigger on it here within a few months

any reasons why thats a bad idea? for 20k I can get a police tahoe with 20/30k miles on it vs a regular LT with 100k+ miles.. way rather have the police one with low miles.

#1 priority for me though is leather seats. I cant stand cloth.

Would it be easy for me to swap in some power leather seats, and a nice LT console in the center?

I also like the idea of no carpet.

any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Dirtiest Hoe I Know

Reaction score
No way 20k-30k miles on a "police" Tahoe
If so that's insane, but I'd vin check it

If its 4x4, make sure it works properly, drive it if possible.
Swapping seats/center console should be really easy
Make sure all of your lights etc work

Your interior is probably going to be a mess..
Your rear doors and windows are going to be inoperable to people in the back seats, check and make sure

I thought about doing the console swap but decided it wasn't worth the money, atleast to me it wasnt

I bought a border patrol tahoe

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with dirty....

Seats won't be a problem though. Just get in contact with a local salvage dealer. I changed out my rear 2nd row bench for captain's chairs. Depending on the option setup, your seats may not be heated.

AggiePhil

Reaction score
Some PPV Tahoes are owned but individuals or are used by departments for non-duty or light-duty use (detectives, travel cars, Chief's car, etc.). These PPVs are significantly more desirable than those used for patrol duties.

DennisW

Reaction score
Police departments don't turn in vehicles with that low a mileage unless there is some serious problem with them. I'd be very wary of such a vehicle.
Also make sure its a 4WD, many of the PPV Tahoes were 2WD.
100k on a Tahoe isn't all that bad, just getting comfortable at that mileage :)
If you're looking for better winter performance, the 4WD is really the only choice. Look at the city of Chicago that purchased a **** ton of 2WD PPV Tahoes several years ago. The first bad winter storm the city had, the Tahoes were getting stuck all over the place.

AggiePhil

Reaction score
Also make sure its a 4WD, many of the PPV Tahoes were 2WD.
ALL the PPV Tahoes are 2WD. The 4WD fleet-grade Tahoes are Special Service Vehicles (SSVs), not Police Pursuit Vehicles (PPV). As such, they lack the PPV's additional mechanical systems and pursuit rating. For probably 80% of the public, a 2WD PPV Tahoe with locking rear differential (not all of them come with this) will be just fine.