Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust - 15666

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Z71FL

Reaction score
I wanted to purchase the Magnaflow cat back exhaust for my 04 Z71 Tahoe and the parts store said that this kit will not fit on a Z71. Has anyone installed a magnaflow cat back on a Z71?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't, I think I've sold the same kit for an 05 and he didn't have any issues. What did they quote you for the kit?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it says EXC Z71 on magnaflow's website so I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit, perhaps an issue with the body cladding. I'd go to a muffler shop that carries magnaflow and have them weld up a kit for you, should be about the same price.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Affirmative. I'd look at getting a kit made or check some of the Z71 tahoe sites for info on fitment, I'll sell you the kit for $400 if you want one.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this thread. I had posted up in the other one on this same subject.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a really poor quality video of the Tahoe after the cam and headers were put in. The Magnaflow is a bit louder now with the added modifications. I also didnt push it full throttle as the springs were still being worn in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYPH74eaJk

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Boost.. what's involved in the installation of that exhaust?
I have an 04' Hoe and i want to upgrade too.

BH

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Install was really easy. I used a sawzall to take the stock pipe off right after the cat connection. The rest was virtually "plug and play".

TonyV

Reaction score
I think Boost is a dealer. He knows what he is talking about and the install as Jenna described is very easy. Magnaflow even has instructions available for download.