Matching Fog/Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LREHP

Reaction score
Im getting a 2007 Tahoe and am starting to gather some parts for it. Im just wondering if anyone is making head lights and foglights that match, or are really close.
I was looking at Xenon Depots HiD kits and they look really nice, what are people using for foglights?

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
I put hid's in an 08 tahoe for a friend and realized that you actually have to change the fog light lenses because the fog light bulbs are not able to put hid's in them. There's a guy on ebay that sells a replacement light that changes the bulb to an H3, but you got to find a shorter bulb and its not a direct fit, you gotta find a way to mount them. I did some research. It does look really good though and it is very possible.

LREHP

Reaction score
I put hid's in an 08 tahoe for a friend and realized that you actually have to change the fog light lenses because the fog light bulbs are not able to put hid's in them. There's a guy on ebay that sells a replacement light that changes the bulb to an H3, but you got to find a shorter bulb and its not a direct fit, you gotta find a way to mount them. I did some research. It does look really good though and it is very possible.

So you are saying it is or is not possible to put HID's on the foglights? If it takes a little fabrication im not worried about that. Thats my job. haha.

Also, what does the HID rating mean as far as 6000k 10000k etc...?

When I get one I just wanna make sure I can have all the same lights, I saw another guy on here with HID's in reverse lights, thats awesome. Especially if you have somewhat dark tints!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a huge thread on modifying your fogs and how to do it. If you use HIDs there appears to be no heat issues. The ####k rating is the color temperature of light, see this image. 5000-6000 is white, higher is more blue, lower is more yellow.

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
the "K" rating is just color, the higher the number the more color. I looked at that thread and i guess i'm gonna try that on my friends 07, Exept i aint gonna stick another brown ass bulb in there.