Messed up driver seat/memory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 tahoe with the fully adj. seat and 2 position memory w/ exit recall. The seat cushion up (front seat cushion tilt) function just went out, but it goes up a little but, then stops. I have had problems getting the memory to work, when I set the mem., I will push memory button 2, then it will move the seat all the way forward and crush me. It doesnt remember my pos. 1 setting or the pos. 2 setting. The dealer wanted 1000 to fix!!! they said the motor went out, but it still goes up a little bit, then stops like something is in the way, but I checked. Please help!

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way home today, I got the seat cushion to raise all the way up, but the controls were backwards. So I had to push down in order to go up and vice versa. As I was lowering the cushion all the way down, it got stuck again. The cushion is now stuck just like before. btw the controls have gone backwards before, but return to normal operation, but this is the first time the controls have stopped working

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can disconnect the negative cable from your battery for a few minutes and let everything clear out/reset itself. You'll lose all your settings though - radio, etc., but it might clear things up....

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the battery disconnected for other reasons and it didnt work, but maybe the dealer could do something else?

04nAL

Reaction score
My drivers seat controls switched backwards like you describe. I hope somebody has some info on this.

biff467

Reaction score
I have similar problems. My memory seats don't seem to recognize exactly where they were set, and my seat won't raise up in the back part of the seat anymore. only the front, making it seem like I'm trying to sit in a bucket. I should have bought the electrical warranty...

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have similar problems. My memory seats don't seem to recognize exactly where they were set, and my seat won't raise up in the back part of the seat anymore. only the front, making it seem like I'm trying to sit in a bucket. I should have bought the electrical warranty...

mine does that too! please help!!

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hate to tell you this, but yeah, you should have bought that electrical warranty. My was doing the thing where the back wont move, but not the forgetting where they were set, and they had to replace the adjuster and retainer. Total with parts and labor was like $860 or something. I can check my service record for the exact price if you want. I made a claim on my extended warranty, and between that, the window motor, and the control arms that day my warranty almost paid for itself :eek:.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would just be better off replacing the seat for like $500 for a pair of front seats. Does any one know what type of nut is holding the front seats down, some kind of star pattern?