Mirror question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozy

Reaction score
What's up guys?

I have an 08 Tahoe LS which has the basic power (non folding) mirrors. I picked up a set of mirrors that I believe came off a tahoe or yukon on ebay. They are pretty much the same mirrors except these have the turn signals in them. Is there a way I can get the turn signals to work on my truck. Will it require some new wiring? The only reason I bought them is because I want to paint the entire mirror not just the caps to match the body color. I didn't want to drive around with no mirrors since I'm not sure when I am going to have them painted. Plus I couldn't pass up the price at 70$ including shipping and they have the paintable caps on them too! Thanks!

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should just work by plugging them in. They plug into the back of the window switched. The window switches have several diffrent connection on the back, that have a color written next to them. Plug the mirror into which ever connection corresponds with the mirror plug.

Do they mirror say DL3 on the tag?
Puddle Lamps?

They might be power fold as well.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you plug them in your blinkers will work but the folding mirror will not work you will need to buy the switch at $200+ and the switch plate cover $50+ then take it to the dealer to have a tech 2 program $80+

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you plug them in your blinkers will work but the folding mirror will not work you will need to buy the switch at $200+ and the switch plate cover $50+ then take it to the dealer to have a tech 2 program $80+

+1 ^

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mozy, who was your ebay seller? I've been looking for a set for my LS.

Mozy

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll try and see if I can get them to work tomorrow and post my results. I don't think they are power folding and they don't have the puddle lamps. The power folding would be nice but I guess these will do for now. Thanks again.

Mary900,

My seller was tide1292. Great seller. I was surprised when they came in because I didn't know they had the built in blinkers. So that was a nice surprise. I thought they were just the basic ones like I have on my truck now.

W8NONU

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit escalade mirrors on a tahoe or yukon?

I know the escalade doors are a little different and the mirrors blend in with the chrome window trim. I'm just wondering if it would look out of place without the chrome window trim and escalade mirrors.

Winslow

W8NONU

Reaction score
I know they'll fit but how does it look.

It's the same RPO code but different part number.

nvcaman

Reaction score
I have been looking for mirrors on ebay and had a question. Do only DL3 mirrors have puddle lights? cant seem to tell on items that don't differentiate between DL3 mirrors and DL8.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DL3 mirrors will have the puddle lights. The exception I found is DL3 mirrors off of '08 Silverado. They are called DL3 but they do not have the puddle lights.

I know this because hubby's Silverado LTZ has power fold, turn signals, and are heated but do not the puddle lights.

DL8 mirrors are well....just mirrors. No turn signals, no power fold...nothing.