Moisture in the headlight housings -- Common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this common or is there a TSB out for it?

I noticed today after having two days of snow and wet weather that both have my headlight housings have moisture on the inside. They both show it in the inner lower corner(about a 5"x5" rea) of each headlight. I find this ridiculous for this type of vehicle. It's an '07 LTZ with 25k miles.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not common, you may wannna check your bulbs and see if they are properly installed and sealed, if they are, then head to the dealerchip for service!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this common or is there a TSB out for it?

I noticed today after having two days of snow and wet weather that both have my headlight housings have moisture on the inside. They both show it in the inner lower corner(about a 5"x5" rea) of each headlight. I find this ridiculous for this type of vehicle. It's an '07 LTZ with 25k miles.

Yeah something is not right. We've been getting lots of fog and mositure here lately in So Cal and I come out to my truck in the mornings and it's pretty wet. I just checked my housings and they're fine inside.

gibbynd

Reaction score
I had excessive moisture in one of my Yukon 07 headlights. I took it to the dealer. The service agent had to bring in the service manager to see if the moisture level was acceptable for a swap. After seeing it and seeing that the moisture was impeading the headlight beam, they put a new one in. But the service agent did mention that a week prior someone else came in with moisture, but they sent them home.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had excessive moisture in one of my Yukon 07 headlights. I took it to the dealer. The service agent had to bring in the service manager to see if the moisture level was acceptable for a swap. After seeing it and seeing that the moisture was impeading the headlight beam, they put a new one in. But the service agent did mention that a week prior someone else came in with moisture, but they sent them home.

I'm sure that would be my luck...After a few hours sitting in the garage at home the mositure was pretty much gone. i will keep an eye on it and try to swing by the dealer at its worst point.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been wet, foggy, and lots of humidity here for the past couple of weeks and no sign of moisture in the lights.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they fog up again I would def. take it back to the dealership and have them replace your lights especially if you have HID's. Take the HID's out before you take it in or they will try to blame it on them.