More Parts Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have to order the plug boots, gaskets, and have my buddy's shop weld up a new catless y-pipe and new exhaust. I wanted to install the brakes today but we were really busy and a customer talked my ear off for 30min after we closed. Should have the brakes on monday/tuesday, headers to come once I get the plug boots next week...gonna roll open headers dumped until I get the new piping done :D
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice.... loving those slotted rotors.. are those the vette calipers?
Maybe in a few months we'll get going on my truck!!!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerslot plus kit, part # 29-8690. Rotors should stay black for the most part, I'm not too worried I just wanted some 14" rotors. The kit uses caliper adapters for the stock calipers, I didn't feel it necessary to buy the C6 Z06 conversion since I don't plan on going too crazy with the power.

sam hamm

Reaction score
dang thats nice.

so what all performance mods do you have now? and can you tell a difference?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aem intake, plugs gapped to 0.035, magnaflow 3" catback, blackbear tune. Huge improvement over stock mostly attributed to justins work on my tune. I ran down a 24v cummins with a 5" pipe today. Truck pulls pretty hard past 100, can't wait to see what the longtubes do for my mid range.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I so want my old nbs back....

Good stuff boost, I want to see a clip of your denali from a stand still.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know its always me with the rediculous questions... but im just not as "knowledgeable" as most cats, i just know how to turn a wrench and have to quams about doing so...

but why do you gap your pluggs to .035? if memory serves me, the gap "should" be .060 right?

Those AEM Brute Force LT's sure look nice, they certainly are pricey though! You pay retail for em, or did you get the "back of the truck special"? I was planning on rolling with the pacesetters, as they are almost half the price of those AEM's...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin hooked me a deal on the aems, they're a bit scuffed up but never used. Plugs are gapped tighter for more top end power, I bought the tr6s cuz I planned to spray immediately but the deal on the nitrous kit fell through. I'd gap these trucks to 0.040, even gm recommends the tighter gapping.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know, now i need to get another set of NGK's... good thing they are rock cheap!

maybe when i get closer to getting my LT's you can offer me some of your insight... its still going to be at least 6 months before i can afford em though.

oh yea, and if you are seriously going to run dumped headers, i need to hear a sound clip of that :D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a much more cost effective alternative to expensive headers now, peep game:
http://lpparts.com/store/page7.html
2093879830044714518S500x500Q85.jpg

Not bad for $500, I'll check the reviews but everyone is saying they're top notch. Look at getting these in the next few months, you'll want Justin to turn off your rear o2 sensors when you get the tune.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you weld on the ceramic coated deals? just trying to figure out if the U-bolts are needed...

Also, about the tune, do you mean turn the rear O2 sensor off when i get LT's or have him turn it off when i get my tune in a few weeks? Also, why do i want my rear O2 sensor off? (how many are on this truck btw?)

Last edited:

Boost Creep

Reaction score
those powerslot plus's will turn silver where the pad bites in. i have a set on my avenger. what size rim do you need to run em on these? they barely fit inside 17's on my car

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fvck you mean u bolts? The header flanges will be bolted to matchng flanges with a custom y pipe. You have 4 o2 sensors so you'll want to turn the rears off with the tune...justin usually turns them off with the tune regardless. Pretty sure I have to run an 18" or 20" wheel with the brakes but that's no problem since the smallest I'll roll is a 20.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hell yeah, LT headers. Nice man:beerchug: You going dual or fabbing up a y-pipe?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boy Brian is gonna weld up an off road y-pipe dual 2.5" into my existing muffler. Then I'll have 3" mandrel routed so it doesn't hit my axle and dumps under the rear bumper so you can't see the tip. That's the idea anyway. I was thinking about duals but it just isn't my style, should sound nice and low once I get everything together.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently welded up my muffler with no tip, just a dump out.... tooooo loud IMO... im going to have to have some pipe laid and maybe go back to the tail pipe:cuss:... especially since on this Z71 they have a little grouve notched out for the tail pipe, and right now its empty and looks kinda goofy..

that fvckin awsome though, i cant wait to start dropping in more parts... are you going to have to have Justin re-tune your truck once you get the LT's dialed in?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man, i was just checking out those AEM LT's... sorry if this is another dump question, but with the AEM setup, they have a bolt pattern where they would meet the ORY. Im assuming this is for use with the AEM ORY and AEM collector... what are you going to do instead? Just weld it up right there?