mounting lights on the roof question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boost Creep

Reaction score
i plan on adding a couple extra lights up onto my roof. now i'm wondering how anyone thats done it has run their wires. i don't really wanna drill a hole through the roof but i won't run em through the door frames. i was curious if there was anyplace up there to sneak a wire through without making any new holes. i'll drill a hole if i have to but i'd rather it be a last resort. thanks

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a brush guard or a light bar for the grille and mount them there.

I guess you could drill a hole in the top, but that would be a prime spot for an eventual water leak and serious water damage problem. Not to mention the holes to mount the lights. There are roof rack sets you can buy that bolt on but IMHO they would be too far back to light up the road in front of you. You would have to buy a "safari" type rack which brings us back around to drilling holes in your top....

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try running them to the back and under the third brake light on top. I think it has a hole going all the way throgh already and if the wires are small enough it wouldnt make a big enough gap to leak. Other than drilling and running through the door frame thats all I can think of. Hope you get it figured out!