My 2003 Chevy Tahoe Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlie2003

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2003 tahoe.. everything has been running fine until i noticed the truck leakong a heavy amount of oil.. I cant say how much but I want to say about 1/2 a quart or a bit more..

this leak was due to the transmission yolk having a small hole in the middle of it.. literally a small hole.. well my neighbor and I took off the driveshaft and replaced the front and rear u-joints and filled the hole with his welder, since thats where it was leaking from.. after that happen, i didnt replace the oil as when i checked it, it looked fine, but my wife noticed a hard/pull shift into 1st gear and 2nd gear also..

I put at least a half quart of tranny oil in the tranny nd it still seems to pull hard as it revs up high from 1st and to 2nd.. now 2nd gear seems to do it..

it didnt do this at all when i purchased the truck, am I still low on oil? rebuild the tranny? drain the oil and replace? I really dont want to rebuild the tranny..

please help..

Thanks!

bigzoie

Reaction score
What is fluid level in tranny? Don't over fill. Note if it's rev'ing high, then shifts and hits hard. Could be slipping, which would require an overhaul.