MY buddy did somthing cool to his tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has an 08 tahoe ltz 2wd. Im so jelous as he has the 6.2 liter.

He got one of those converter thingys that if you got rabbit ears will let you still use them, and hooked it up to the TV in his tahoe with a smart antenna, he says he got 14 stations (in 16:9) and the picture was AWSOME. I wish i had a tv in my yukon now as that would be great waiting for my girl to shop and stuff. Why is it women shop on sunday and monday which is FOOTBALL and i have the MLB post season to watch too. I mean its like they plan it that way LOL.

Just thought i would post this though as its super cool, apprently the dtv converter has the red/white/yellow wires that can be hooked up to the jacks in the yukon, thus getting tv though an antenna. :D and if you have navi it even plays up there.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to hate all of you. :cuss:

now I have:D to tell my better half that I need to spend more money so my truck runs better (wink).

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you tell me everything I would need to do and to get so that I can get the tv stations in my Denali.
Thanks

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you tell me everything I would need to do and to get so that I can get the tv stations in my Denali.
Thanks

dude, stargazer did that. He even put the links. Thats what this whole thread is about.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there video/stereo inputs on the back the the factory head unit or would you need to use the inputs on the rear console?

W8NONU

Reaction score
No inputs.

He's probably using a lockpick or something similar.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are there video/stereo inputs on the back the the factory head unit or would you need to use the inputs on the rear console?

When you use the inputs on the rear console you can also view it on the nav screen. But in order for you to see it while driving, ya need the pick :hlp:

gbleezy

Reaction score
yo rollin thunder...you see your buddy yet? got any more specifics or pics?

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool...I asked about the rear head unit inputs only to connect a converter box. If I do get it, I'd like the cables/box to be hidden.

I've used the rear console's inputs many times on long trips. camcorder, playstation, etc

yatch07

Reaction score
hey rollin thunder do you have any pictures of your friends tahoe i am planing on doing this but was wondering where did he put his converter and the antenna

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get pics. Supposed to be coming over tommarrow to pay me back. But he put the converter box using a bracket that came with his Xm unit for his pioneer HU. He has the box under the drivers seat, and cables run under the carpet until the console. Only visable wire is the 6-8 inches it takes to reach the jacks from the floor antenna Is just sitting behind it when not in use. When we use it we pick it up and put it on the center console. But usually only use it when chillin by the truck. I have never traveled with him cause he is such a ***** foot driver.

10 bucks with the coupon

http://www.target.com/Venturer-Digital-Converter-Box/dp/B001A0TMI0/sr=1-2/qid=1228710102/ref=sr_1_2/189-4814759-0640732?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Adigital%20converter%20box&page=1

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this too recently. Was gonna post pictures of the install, but was too busy working on it, and never even took any.

Does your buddies work while driving? Mine works great while stopped, but once I start moving, it's pretty much useless. And, I live Downtown Chicago. Could be all the bridges and buildings. I haven't been out to the burbs to try it, but I'm guessing it's all the same.

It is great for when the girlfriend is shopping, or I have to wait on a friend to get ready, or sitting at a drivethrough. Those times are sweet for having TV in the car!

I have my converter just laying between the passenger seat and the center counsel. It's cool, cause you can point the remote at the TV/Nav, and it works, you don't have to point it directly at the converter box.

Also, I have 2 powered antennas. One in the rear left windows, and the other under the dash and up the A piller (totally hidden) Then I used a splitter in reverse. Works great, again, only when stopped.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this too recently. Was gonna post pictures of the install, but was too busy working on it, and never even took any.

Does your buddies work while driving? Mine works great while stopped, but once I start moving, it's pretty much useless. And, I live Downtown Chicago. Could be all the bridges and buildings. I haven't been out to the burbs to try it, but I'm guessing it's all the same.

It is great for when the girlfriend is shopping, or I have to wait on a friend to get ready, or sitting at a drivethrough. Those times are sweet for having TV in the car!

I have my converter just laying between the passenger seat and the center counsel. It's cool, cause you can point the remote at the TV/Nav, and it works, you don't have to point it directly at the converter box.

Also, I have 2 powered antennas. One in the rear left windows, and the other under the dash and up the A piller (totally hidden) Then I used a splitter in reverse. Works great, again, only when stopped.

good I thought I had hooked it up wrong. But yea only when stopped, sucks while driving. I think cause the signal is moving, its designed to be in a house. But hey some tv is better than none.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good I thought I had hooked it up wrong. But yea only when stopped, sucks while driving. I think cause the signal is moving, its designed to be in a house. But hey some tv is better than none.

Yeah, and I guess it's probably a good idea NOT to watch TV while driving anyways!:lol: