Navigation Radio Going DEAD ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tconne01

Reaction score
Hello all.
I am new to the Tahoe fourms,
I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 4X4 loaded. I purchased it new and it now has 105,000 miles on it. and other then it had 3 rear ends replaced under warranty a couple motor mounts and a couple door lock actuators replaced it has been an AWESOME vehicle. However one intermintent problem I keep having is every so often the Nav screen goes dark. So I have no radio,Nav,backup camera etc. If I pull the RDO fuse and wait about thirty seconds then re-seat the fuse it will then start working again until next time. I do have a Generation 5 Lock Pick installed in the vehicle. It is an aftermarket black box that allows the Nav to be used when in motion. Along with being able to play the DVD while the vehicle is in motion.

Has anyone else ever had this type of issue with their Tahoe ? Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

R_Zachs

Reaction score
could be the Lock pick or a ground issue. there are a set of grounds on the firewall that will came loose on my 07 LTZ and started to freak out off and on stuff and it was just loose grounds

tconne01

Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try. I do know loose ground wires cause havoc.
Had a diesel Malibu that sometimes would not start. Techs tries to repair for 1 month. It turns out the problem was the factory used a bolt that was too long to bolt the battery ground wire to the block. When it seemed like bolt was tight, it was tight. Because it bottomed out in the hole, however it was just slightly snug on the battery cable that the bolt went thru. So we cut 3/4" off bolt and walla! Problem solved !
But a real bitch to find .