Need advice on HID's Low beam and fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n1j2k3

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 07 z71 HOE. Want to install HID bulbs in low-beams and fog/driving lights. Thinking 8000K in low-beams and 6000K for fog lights. Problem is I'm not sure what brand/ model to purchase. They are pretty expensive for trial and error method so thought I'd ask some pro's for advice. Thanks in advance for any help.

clkelley

Reaction score
I would check out www.ddmtuning.com They sometimes take a little time to get their kits in because they go through them so quick, and their kits are coming from China. But you could do what you are wanting for about $100 or so. I would stick around the 6K range, if you go more than that and the bluer you get, the light output is actually reduced as for overall lighting the road. It depends on what look you are going for.

Buc Off

Reaction score
I suggest staying below 8k on both beams. I would say 6k for low beams and fogs. Much better clarity and vision and the cops are less likely to bother you about them.

blkonblk

Reaction score
i just installed NOTTO SE from carid.com and they look awesome. i got the 5000k and love the look. they are a little on the expensive side but worth the money

ccorona01

Reaction score
Just had the 6000k/35w HID's installed on my 2012 Tahoe at Off Road Warehouse. They look great and are bright! They were $84.99 for the low's and same for the fog lights. Anything above 6000k is blue and you are asking for a ticket.

White Out

Reaction score
4300k is the brightest light. It is more of a white than blue, but the output is going to get you the best visibility at night. Most OE manufacturers are 4300k.

Nick

tonykring

Reaction score
I have 6000k in my lincoln continental. i found mine on ebay and installed myself cost me $59.99. When I purchased mine it was the bi-xenon hid's so it was more money. I was seeing low beam kits for $35. Bi-xenon is for vehicles with a low beam high beam in the same bulb. I'm willing to bet you can find a kit for lows and a kit for fogs for less than $100. I realize I said Lincoln Continental at the tahoe forum but I do own a 96 hoe and was trolling for info I need on that. Also It's hard to go between the 2 vehicles at night because the HID's in the car are way brighter than the truck.

mdf307

Reaction score
I use PPE 55W 6,000K, theyre a little more expensive but theyre so bright and clear. Ive never had them flicker or a ballast go out. They come with slim ballasts and theyre still pretty blue so they have that significant look but theyre not excessive and theyre not too bad for people coming at you. I would suggest locating a new headlight assembly with projector lenses and maybe even cutoff lenses if you can.