Need Help - Double Din Radio in 99 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. damn that sucks.. im glad i sold alot before the economy really hit the pooper. i can say tho that my truck loves to drink premium gas for a small price :) but even still it takes about 55 bucks to fillher up and about 275 miles a tank.. while an 01 grandprix i just bought you put 25 bucks in and it fills it up and you get about a little over 300 miles. lol.. you cant win tho..

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
i know exactly what you mean.. ive been job searching and nothing has come up at all. noone will call you back, nothing. imean cars is a good business to be in, but you just have to be in the right field for it. like even autocollision and bodyshops are doing bad right now. audio especially. rims. it sucks..

Yah, I own a body shop and we have definately seen a drop. People are cashing the insurance $ and not fixing their cars. Cant count how many cars I see in the store parking lots with damage on them :(

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I own a body shop and we have definately seen a drop. People are cashing the insurance $ and not fixing their cars. Cant count how many cars I see in the store parking lots with damage on them :(

oo for sure man. People rather just take the money and run. they dont want to give their car up for a couple days to get it fixd then the money situation. No matter what business your really in, everyones dropping.. sucks man..

Beef

Reaction score
yeah i think the unit itself sticks out a bit to far.....

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im one for a clean look i would just do a full fiberglass dash and make my own mount for the hvac controls and deck. but thats just me

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not a noob when it comes to audio and glassing.. i just see that it CAN be done. i'd make it a hell of alot cleaner than that one, but i dont wanna spend the time to relocate the HVAC. I'll prolly just relocate it and custom fab the dash and center console, but i'll try this first. i dont ever leave crappy stuff in my tahoe. makes me look bad.

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
im tryin do same thing in my 97 tahoe now sure the brackets or anything all i no is the heat an ac controler has be moved down a lil n sum plastic has be cut if was nicer i be out tryin figure it out but just lookin for lil help like u so if u get anything let me know too plz thxx

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put a Double Din in, I left HVAC in place and cut up into the top part of the dash pieces......

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
well im bout to try install my double din on 97 tahoe sport i have a pioneer avh-P3300BT double din...i got it all wired new harness for radio and stock wire harness tomorrow im bout to see wat i have to cut n where all i no so far is i have lower the heat control down a bit take out the cd player...n use stock radio brackets to help it sit in pllace old one n ill try take picks as i go along with the install help u if i can
well let u no more as i do mine

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an AVH-X2600BT into my Sierra (same dash), didnt move the controls.

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
Ok did u have cut or no are they same size or wat this my firstbtime tryin to install a double dinnin a car i always did single din n subs but willing to try the double in for first time n see how i do

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to cut the top of the radio box in the dash out (not the top of the dash), then I had to pull the factory radio bottom off and I tack welded a couple brackets to it to hold the new Double Din radio to, cut the top of the OEM dash front opening to fit the top of the radio, just need to fill in the sides, but I got it installed and for now I have bigger fish to fry....

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
By radio box u mean in the dash where radio go in rite the top of that rite under the dash...cuz thats wat i was thinking n trimed the bezal alrdy that part if ok now justbtryin do my lil triming n put in radio n im done

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, the top of the box that the radio sits in is MIA on mine, had to trim the top of the opening in the front bezel for the radio to fit, but it is in on mine.....

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
Well i just got mine done dis morning today didnt have trim nun on mine just the bezal a lil bit n cut the across bar n mounted the radio with the stock radio brackets n didnt move the ac controles...worked out great for me thx for the help tho