need help installing pioneer avh4000 in 02 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mickeylu

Reaction score
hello all,
I'm new to this forum and want to say hello to everybody. I'm planning on installing a pioneer avh4000 in my 02 tahoe and had a couple questions. First, is there a special harness adapter I need to make the wiring easier? Second, can I connect 2 headrest monitors to the pioneer unit? I don't have onstar or anything like that. I don't think my stock unit is a bose. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

bocaytomas

Reaction score
go onto crutchfield.com, they are a great company and they'll give you all the extra harnesses you would need for FREE. I couldn't find the exact radio you were looking for but they have a wide selection of other great ones as well

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You don't need anything special for your year truck, just the basic GM harness (i.e. Metra 1858), dash kit, and antenna adapter. The AVH-4000 has an a/v output, so you can connect a couple headrest monitors if you wanted. Depending on which audio RPO option is in your truck, you may need to connect the pink wire on the smaller stock secondary harness to the Pioneer's remote wire if you don't get any sound.

treetop

Reaction score
The AVH-P4000DVD is a double-din head unit, the 2002 Tahoe dash is 1.5 din. It can be done, but it's a pretty major dash overhaul if you're not used to doing that kind of work..

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tackled the job, its not all that bad. big question you need to ask is, do you have the money to pay someone else to do it and hope it turns out the way you want , or 2 self gratification 1/2 the cost and do it yourself. invest in a dremel tool, i got the cordless, Made life simple. There are alot of issues discussed about doing a dd that are extremely helpful. Goodluck

dholli

Reaction score
Thats a tuff install have to cut up the dash hole where the stock unit was I would think about taking it somewhere if you arent comfortable with this sort of work! A new dash piece is about 175$ not a mistake you want to make...

I would sell your deck and get a 1.5 din unit they click right in and look great! If you decide to sell yours let me know I would think about buying it