Need help or advice with very annoying problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattV927usa

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I currently drive a 2006 5.3 4x4 Tahoe. I hear this constant annoying rattle only at about 1,100 rpm. I would think it’s the heat shield but what baffles me is that it’s only at or very close to 1,100 rpm and when I hear it the Rpms move up and down slightly. So basically I’m hearing what sounds to be the heat shield or at least very similar to the heat shield Rattling I can’t think of any other way to describe the noise I’ve even had a friend of mine who works at a Chevy dealership ride with me and he says based off the sound it should be the heat shield but the kicker is, which he couldn’t figure out either, is why does the heat shield rattle cause my rpm to go up and down. The heat shield rattles at 1,100 rpm and then once it’s rattling and I’m at a constant 1,100 it starts to bounce up and done between about 1,350 and 1,100. After the rpm moves from 1,100 to 1,350 the rattle goes away and it sets back down to 1,100 the rattle comes back and it goes back up again. Now this is happening at a very fast rate while I’m driving. If anyone had any insight or experienced this problem before some advice would be greatly appreciated thank you. I’m getting sick of not being able to cruise at low rpm.