Need Help Ordering Replacement HID Bulbs wit PICS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO infact I order the wrong ones...to good to be true for $10. :mad3:

XenTec D2S 8000K HID Xenon Bulb

That is exactly what I need. Xentec made the kit and 8000k bulb...blue. I found some online but they don't have "pig tails"

I am trying to upload pics. BUT IT KEEPS SAYING FAILED! :mad2:

Here is the link to my photobucket accout...Please click pictures...it has some info in the captions.

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj92/foreverfalcon40/HID BULB HELP/

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first of all D2S is what you would buy for a car with stock HIDS in a projector. You have stock halagon reflectors and even with your escalde front end it still takes 9006 bulbs. You need 9006 bulbs for them to fit in your housing. SO even if you get your D2S bulbs connected, they wont fit in your housing.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So then what do I need, can someone please point me in the right direction!
I'm going crazy using stock headlights. My one HID is brighter then the two!

So I need 9005's then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...emQQimsxZ20090125?IMSfp=TL0901250710008r32875

I know this is a complete kit...am I stepping i the right direction?

I ended coming acorss the manufacturer's website after painfully coming across it. I tired calling and NADA

xentechid.com

Last edited:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need a 9006 bulb.
if you go to the link rt posted and go almost all the way down, theres a spot for buying replacement bulbs, in pairs. select 9006 from the drop down and 8000k as color temp. they're around 30 bucks.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Caddy Front End.

I ordered the wrong bulbs in general the 9006's fit in the innser socket closest to the grill. It's suppose to go into the second one (on the outside...closest to fender)

is that 9005? Does it have the pigtails in pics? Will there be problems since its a different manufacture?

Thanks for your help BOOM and RT

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Caddy Front End.

I ordered the wrong bulbs in general the 9006's fit in the innser socket closest to the grill. It's suppose to go into the second one (on the outside...closest to fender)

is that 9005? Does it have the pigtails in pics? Will there be problems since its a different manufacture?

Thanks for your help BOOM and RT

the wiring will match up. its a industry standard.
the low on the escalade clip should still be a 9006. the high is a 9005. sure you dont have them reversed? on my tahoe i have a 9006.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the HIDS are installed on the outter socket of the headlight. Is that 9005? I tried calling thier number and its just ringing, ringing, and FKIN RINING!

What is with these HID websites and thier customer service?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the HIDS are installed on the outter socket of the headlight. Is that 9005? I tried calling thier number and its just ringing, ringing, and FKIN RINING!

What is with these HID websites and thier customer service?

Ok. Outside the truck facing the grill. Inner bulbs are the highbeam (the ones that pop on when you flick the inner stalk)

outer ones are the low beams, which if you want HIDs for the lows you need 9006. :thumbsup:

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just wanted to add my 2 cents on those $60 lights on ebay.their hit or miss -i bought a set and they were fine ,so i figured for $60 cant go wrong and ordered 4 other sets 2 sets worked and 2 didn't now cant reach the punk seller .so i guess you can say buyer beware!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Outside the truck facing the grill. Inner bulbs are the highbeam (the ones that pop on when you flick the inner stalk)

outer ones are the low beams, which if you want HIDs for the lows you need 9006. :thumbsup:

Yeah they are the Regular light BUT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0262636974&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=

These are the one's I ordered...They didn't fit the outter bulb socket...which would be low beam. They fit the inner socket which would be the low beam

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it almost sounds like they sent you the wrong bulbs..:skep:

I was thinking the same thing...I e-mailed the seller just going to see what happens. In the mean time I'm going to go to autozone and purchase a 9005 bulb...install them and see if its fits the socket...if it does thats the what I'll order.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys do know that those aren't really HID bulbs, right?

I'm getting a set of Xenon's for my rig when the new lights finally arrive. Oh yeas, I need the blue bulbs for the turn signals, now that those are clear. Blue that turns amber when powered, that is!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys do know that those aren't really HID bulbs, right?

I'm getting a set of Xenon's for my rig when the new lights finally arrive. Oh yeas, I need the blue bulbs for the turn signals, now that those are clear. Blue that turns amber when powered, that is!

Actully what your getting is abolute crap and your wrong on your asumption. What we posted was a TRUE HID SYSTEM, with ballasts and actual light performance gains. What you posted is a halogen bulb filled with some xenon gas and covered with blue paint. Your light output will go down the tube, and they will look horrible. Im sorry to sound so harsh, but I want to point out this to people searching that you actually got your facts Ass backwards.

your link= Fake xenon bulbs.

my link= Real HID kit. :thumbsup:

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have clicked on the wrong link then, because I didn't see true HID with ballasts...

Hey I'm old! LOL I've been wrong before! (once! ;) )

The original (read: yellowed, fogged) headlights on my truck are horrible, especially where there is ambient light (street lights, etc.). All they provide is reflector illumination. I can't see a thing unless I'm the only one on the road in the dark.

My new replacement housings should arrive today (I hope) and I want a decent bulb to operate them without going to true HID. Silver Stars were recommended by some others, but a typical review is that they don't last very long. I don't know, I've never used them before...

I live in a very hilly, rural area, so running with the brights doesn't gain any benefit (only can see about 1/4 mile of the road at any given point).

I'll install the new housings with my existing bulbs and see what I have, and go from there.

Yes, my lights are currently properly aimed, too.

Eric