Need Tahoe advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbh100

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a new Tahoe. I test drove a Tahoe with a 5.3 engine and felt that the acceleration was not at all what I was looking for. I am thinking the 6.2 is what I am looking for, but I also notice that the Hybrid has a 6.0. I was wondering if anyone had drove the 6.0 and the 6.2 and their thoughts are on the performance.

Also, I want to tow it behind my motor home. In order to do so I need a 4x4 that has a neutral. I am not sure if the hybrid has this. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a new Tahoe. I test drove a Tahoe with a 5.3 engine and felt that the acceleration was not at all what I was looking for. I am thinking the 6.2 is what I am looking for, but I also notice that the Hybrid has a 6.0. I was wondering if anyone had drove the 6.0 and the 6.2 and their thoughts are on the performance.

Also, I want to tow it behind my motor home. In order to do so I need a 4x4 that has a neutral. I am not sure if the hybrid has this. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks

I can't speak for the Hybrid because I've never driven it. But I have driven the 6.2 and that is just off the charts compared to my 5.3L. With what you say you're looking to use the truck for, a 6.2L makes more sense since you're probably gonna spend the same amount of money, or maybe even less then you would on a Hybrid. Did you test either vehicle yet?

dbh100

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts.

I test drove a Tahoe last week. I was pleased with the performance. the salesman did not mention it, but looking at the sticker it did say it had the 6.2. Amazing he did not try to sell that point. That Tahoe was a 2 wheel drive and I need a 4x4 to tow.

I talked to Chevrolet this moprning and they advised me the regular 4x4 is fine to tow behind my motorhome, but the 4x4 hybrid cannot be towed. Thus this narrows my search.

I am having problems finding a 4x4 with 6.2 in new inventory searching online. Amazingly, I have called several dealers and the salesmen have either not returned my calls or have not shown a lot of interest in helping me. No wonder the big 3 is in trouble.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They 6.0 Hybrid only has about 15 HP more than the 5.3, where the 6.2L has about 80HP more then the 5.3L

And, like the dealer said, I don't think that the hybrid can be towed because the electric motors are built into the transmission.

If your not concerned with MPG's, get the 6.2L.