New 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9family

Reaction score
While I'm deployed in Iraq and my wife bought a new 07 tahoe, when she first started looking I did all my research on features and add on's. Well, we decided on the LT1 with the Bose upgrade. Well, my wife got on the phone with XM to get it set up and well the truck doesn't have it. Looking on the chevy website, it shows XM is standard equipment on all tahoes. No little note stating extra cost. To me its BS, standard means it should be there, it says my 2nd row seat is standard, does that mean chevy can leave that out too? It's just frustrating, maybe you guys can make sense of it for me.

k9family

Reaction score
Well, looking on the chevy website under audio options it shows standard all the way across. Thanks for your opinion, but they give a $500 discount to military, so if I have to pay for it I guess they did give it to me. It's just the principal and I hate being misled.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm deployed in Iraq and my wife bought a new 07 tahoe, when she first started looking I did all my research on features and add on's. Well, we decided on the LT1 with the Bose upgrade. Well, my wife got on the phone with XM to get it set up and well the truck doesn't have it. Looking on the chevy website, it shows XM is standard equipment on all tahoes. No little note stating extra cost. To me its BS, standard means it should be there, it says my 2nd row seat is standard, does that mean chevy can leave that out too? It's just frustrating, maybe you guys can make sense of it for me.

If your saying the Tahoe doesn't have XM built-in to even activate that is odd.. I'm with you I looked at the site and it shows standard on all models. If you build a LS base model it shows having a XM Radio.

If your just talking about the XM service. It shows on the site when you build it that Radio is standard the service is 3 months free and a paid service after that.

PS: Thank you for serving our Country! I hope you have a safe tour and back home to your family soon

Last edited:

k9family

Reaction score
Great I not nuts that the website says that. Nope when my wife called chevy they stated by our VIN that we didn't have XM and couldn't even explain why. I emailed two days ago and still havn't got a reply, wife will hopfully get ahold of the dealer today

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 came with XM but it had a charge for it on the sticker, something like $138 or so. I didn't want it but the dealer said it cant be removed.
Perhaps certain tahoes had it as standard.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the LT2 on up it is standard.

That is what I had thought, Then I was thinking you had to upgrade to one of the top of the line radios but if you go to Chevy.com and build a 07 or look under base features it shows XM as a standard and even states XM radio is on ALL models.. That is odd it is not on their 07.

CobraKai

Reaction score
Nothing to add here, just wanted to thank you for your service. Keep your head down and come home safe, soldier.

/salutes

shadytahoe

Reaction score
I have the lt2 and it wasnt in my truck either dealer said that its not standard up the truck it is a feature you have to ask for.

CobraKai

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I checked my big Tahoe brochure that I picked up at a dealer a while back, and it shows XM as being standard only on 3LT and LTZ, and options for the other trim levels.

FWIW. Sounds like the website is misleading.

Hogie 2

Reaction score
Hey, I'm in the same boat you are. We just bought our 2007 LT1 Tahoe last week, and on our trade in we had an Alpine CD deck w/ XM. All of our paperwork plus the Chevy website states the XM is standard across the board on all models. We had even had a test drive an LS w/ XM. When we took delivery of the Tahoe, I specifically asked the dealer how to obtain the XM ID number for that vehicle so I could swap them out in my account. He didn't know but refered us to the XM paperwork w/ the vehicle. I couldn't find it so he checked and then brought us paperwork from onther vehicle. After taking delivery and arguing w/ XM for and hour & a half, it was detiermined that our Tahoe did not have XM. I believe the radio is XM capable, but it does not have the XM tuner and antenna. The sales person is working with the GM rep to correct this and says we're good to go, but have yet to have an exact timetable to fix it. I say go back to them and make them correct it, the tuner is a $200 part as far as I can tell from a gm parts direct website. False advertising is what it is, it should have been basic equipment. I was told depending on when in 2007 it was built it may or may not have XM.

Anyways, good luck and stay safe over there. Thanks for serving our country and come home soon to your family & Tahoe! You'll love driving it!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think new for 2008 is xm standard across the board and gm's website has already updated to 08, in o7 i knew it was lt3 and ltz it was standard on.

k9family

Reaction score
Well on the website they have a tab for 07 and a tab for 08. Says they are standard on all models. So I'm going to complain until I get a answer/solution I like. I will complain the same way for this as if I didn't have a passenger seat. They say it's standard, so it better be.

Hogie 2

Reaction score
Yeah, my wife & I has also checked the chevy website multiple times, it has it for 2007, it was right there, standard across the board.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the sticker, if it is standard it will say so on the sticker.
If it was standard on a particular car and it was removed before arriving at the dealer it will have a credit on the sticker stating the item was deleted.
The sticker on a vehicle tells you what you are getting, not the website.

Hogie 2

Reaction score
Just an update K9, after a month of being told "it's gonna happen", the sales guy told us to contact the GM area rep directly. Within 2 days we had an appt to get the XM added to our Tahoe at no cost to us. The stock radio was XM radio, so the only thing it needed was a tuner and the corrrect antenna. Good luck to you, hope you get your XM like you should have. And thanks for serving in the armed forces, every day should be Veteran's Day. Stay safe out there....