New 12 LTZ on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new Tahoe. Any issues I should be aware of since the '07 version? Trading the 07 that has 17.5k miles...it's getting old.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we're getting excited now. It should have landed in Annapolis MD today on rail car. We'll see how long the truck carriers take on the final leg. It's due on the 17th...hopefully sooner. It would be a nice ride to North Carolina if it gets here in time for vacation.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new vehicle. I wish I could afford one! Ive never once in my 39 years ever owned a new car. I must be doing something wrong....lol

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I do have to tell you that it helps alot that your don't drive them much. Our '07 has 17K on it, and was worth a bunch of $$ on a trade. It also helps that I work at a chevy store, and can keep my eye on the market for the value. It just all came together at the right time for us (my wife) to decide this was a good idea I had...one of the few. haha.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This time around we decided on a Mocha Steel exterior, with black interior, chrome 20s (5 spoke). Personally, I'm not a fan of black interiors, but this will primarily be the wife's truck, so she picked. (gotta keep her happy).

jscgolf

Reaction score
just got a '12 LTZ

and to be honest ... the 2007 LTZ was a better build - at least inside.

The 2012 has been cheapened. No driver control for rear seats, they moved the compass and temp gauge from the mirror, NO rain sensing wipers, the carpet is simply laid on the back - not nicely fitted as the 2007. The audio commands for the nav system do not work. The nav system itself is much worse than the '07 .... VERY DISAPPOINTED. This is a $60K vehicle and you don't even get a cover for your owners manual. Since I had an '07 I really didn't even look that closely ... thinking that the above items would still be on a 5 year newer truck (and I still wish I had the heated washer fluid). The ONLY improvement on this truck is the heated steering wheel.

My 2007 had 115K miles on it ... and I really wish I had it back.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no pics. these things all start looking the same when you see them everyday. As for the '07 vs '12, the rear seat buttons on the overhead console dissapeared years ago. I don't feel like the 12 has been cheapened compared with our 07. Ours seems to be a bit quieter and smoother. I never used the heated washer fluid, so I don't miss it. I do like the improved gas mileage over the 07...17.5 hwy vs 21.5 on the 12, and the sound system finally sounds like a quality system, with the surround and subwoofer. The 07 bose system just plain sucked in comparison with the new ones. I will also say that the cooled seats are a joke. I'm glad I didn't add this as an option, it was standard. I had hoped for a bit more air movement. Oh well, like you said, it's only a $60K vehicle....you can't have everything for a cheap price like that. lol

Guardian

Reaction score
Congrats on the new '12 LTZ. I just bought mine about a month ago. I previously had an '08 LT3 Z71 which was just fantastic. I could kick myself for trading it in on a Lincoln MKX. But, I finally got the courage and money to pay for my mistake and got back into my Tahoe! Only thing I have noticed that's different in a not so good was is that the navigation system/XMSirius radio/information system is not as elaborate as the '08 modle. I also don't understand why the LTZ doesn't have blue instrumentation lights. Still, it's great!

R.T. Choate

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
I just bought a 2013 LTZ, 4x4, with towing pkg and like everything but the gas mileage. I'm hoping it will get better. Only have 1525 miles and have averaged 13.4 mpg. I use 100% gas 87 octane and have driven it like I have a raw egg under my foot.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to know your hwy mileage, you will have to reset your average economy in your DIC. If you never reset it, it will show you an average over the total miles driven regardless of city or hwy. I never checked my city mileage, but I did get 21.5 from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg. This was with 1000 miles on the odometer, 65-75 mph, half in the mountains. I am hoping it will get a little better, but can't complain.

R.T. Choate

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have not done that. I have just reset the trip when I fill up.

Rockwood

Reaction score
That Mocha is a gorgeous color. Buddy has a Suburban with Z71 in that color and its drop dead beautiful.
Thumbs up on Black too!