New 2 door 2wd Tahoe owner and member. Has my hoe been lowered already??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luckychucky

Reaction score
This was one of the first Tahoe forums I found on google search so I figured I'd join and see how it goes.

So I've been a longtime 2 door Tahoe lover and been looking for a 2wd for what seems like forever...with that said, I found and bought one today to add to my collection. It's probably the last thing I need is another vehicle, this makes my 7th :) (3 Chevy squarebody's, a wrangler, bronco ii, and a work car). Hopefully the wifey won't mind ✊

It seems as if it may be lowered, something just seems off for a factory ride height to me. How could I tell if it has been?

It's a 1998 with 120k miles. Brought it back from Florida and snagged it for $2900. Seemed like a good deal?

I know the tires on it are Mismatched, 235x70 on front and 255x70 on back.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 7

Luckychucky

Reaction score
Just seems a little lower than it should? Maybe not though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 8

sntrym95

Reaction score
The front looks fine. The rear looks like the springs might be sagging a bit but otherwise ok. Check to see if there are 4 leaf springs on the rear axle. If there are then it's stock.

The running boards make it look lower, and the 2WD Tahoes are lower than the 4WD, so that's why it might look lowered to you.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a set of helper springs from Hellwig that bolt on over the stock springs, it helps a lot with the rear sag and adds additional carrying capacity

Luckychucky

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a 4/4 drop and run a set of dub ballers 20x9.5 with a 30mm offset. Think those would fit without rubbing

I'd like to keep a 50 series tire at least

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chucky - it's common for the rear tires to sometimes be a little wider than the fronts....I recently bought a 2 door '96 and the guy had installed wider rear tires. Yeah, I understand the convenience of being able to rotate all four tires when they all match, but I'll sacrifice that to have a cooler look. The two tires on the front can still rotate to the opposite front side, and same with the two rear tires, so it's all good. I just don't recommend going any larger than a 20" wheel. Keep in mind that you'll need low profile tires, too, so that the overall height will stay the same as the stock height of wheel/tire. You don't want your speedometer/odometer to be out of calibration, or it will read faster or slower than your actual speed, which in turn might mean more miles (or less) calculated on your odometer.