New Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the 3/4 ton trucks have a steering stabilizer which helps dampen the vibrations in the road. I'll also brace the idler arm with a plate of steel welded to the frame, similar to the cognito gusset

idler-pivot

The pitman and idler braces take stress off the arms and tightens up the steering, as will the new Moog or NAPA premium rod ends I'll be installing

6lug_pitman_idler.jpg

PIC_PITMAN_BIG.jpg

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow looks like alot work but sounds like its worth it. How much is that set up gonna run ya?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, I just buy stuff lol. You gotta drop the sway bar a bit to clear the braces, comes with brackets in the kit tho. I gotta get sways, alternator, and my longtubes finished before I start on this crap tho. I also have a set of hawk pads sitting on the shelf for rear powerslots whenever I get around to it. Pretty easy to do all this stuff, should only take a few minutes when I do my drop spindles and 5" coils in the spring.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked you in another thread how hard are they spindles to swap out?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad, I've never done a set of drop spindles on these trucks but the lift kits seem to be easy. GM suspensions are pretty easy to work on.

DanS

Reaction score
i gonna go with the same powerslot kit with braided brake lines but i'm going to try to find a reasonably priced set of replacement calipers for the factorys, i'm going to use them on my 01 yukon xl with 26's, does anyone know of any decent replacement calipers to go along with this kit

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 5 people pm me I can try to get a deal going to save on freight. I think we sell the kits for around $500, I can see about knocking $100 off shipped or something like that if enough people show interest. Maybe a package with big fronts, rear replacements, and LTS pads all around. Hit me up if you're interested, I know they had the kits in stock. I would recommend a bigger kit that these if you're running chrome 22s or bigger, most big brake kits are expensive due to the caliper replacement which this avoids. If you want a cheaper alternative pm supersub over at www.gmfullsize.com for his brackets that use the C6 Z06 6pistons
z061.jpg

z062.jpg

z06sub.jpg

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you say you would recommend bigger if we are running chrome 22s, how bout some 22in black rockstars?

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
i'm looking into upgrading the front rotors and pads along with replacement pads for the rear for my 04 tahoe LT with stock rims.