New Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took all of 30min with air tools and one of my racks at work. Stops better and the pedal feel is much nicer, I can't wait to get the braided hoses next. It will get washed by hand once the pads are bedded later today.

Old:

IMG_0159.jpg

New:

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the caliper is relocated with this kit? Looks really nice. What brand is it?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerslot plus kit, part # 29-8690. Hawk LTS pads. Yes it comes with caliper adapters to use the stockers.

pincusa

Reaction score
Is the rotor a larger diameter? If so, how much?
Looks slick

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Now that's cool. I like that set up a lot. I particularly like how the slot is almost in the middle of your wheel spoke.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your truck is dirty. I cant fully appreciate the brake job until you get your ass out there and wax your truck to get it all nice and shiny again. LOL just kidding. I need to do somthing with the silverado. Even with the peddle fully pressed down I cant get ABS to kick in. Those brakes look great.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guize. Rotors are 14", getting hand washed once I bed the pads later today.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I might do something like that when my brakes give out!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bedded the pads this afternoon and let them cool awhile. Now that they're mostly broken in I noticed a huge difference, I can tap the brakes and drop from 85 to 60 in a second with no bullsh*t fading. Really hard stops from 30 still have the pedal a little soft but that should be cured by the stainless lines. Overall an awesome upgrade that took no time and made a huge difference, steering wheel seems to be a bit heavier now which feels much more solid.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 10 stops medium pressure from 45mph. Drove and let cool for 5 min. 4 hard stops from 35mph. Parked the truck and looked at knives at the Spyderco factory for about an hour, nice and solid feeling now.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did I talk to Kent this afternoon they'll be on there way later this week! Thanks again for the info Boost!

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to have the same results you did! I also need to ss lines as well!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good. Bigger/better brakes are always a nice upgrade that makes more of a difference than what some people think. How much does the 2 pc. rotor and hat assembly compare to the 1 pc. stockers in terms of weight?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Significantly heavier, steering feels different too but I welcome the change. Getting some miles on her now so the usual pitman/idler arms with tie rods is coming soon...bout to order the Cognito steering braces and build my brackets for a steering stabilizer. Had it washed up quick today, took a few pics before work...it will get washed properly before the weekend
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost what the braces and stabilizer for or do? Not sound dumb. LOL