New hing pins and a new problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will_W

Reaction score
I'm about to have my truck painted but have run into a problem. I have replaced the hing pins and bushings on all four doors of my Tahoe. My driver door STILL has sag in it, and for some reason the top pin kept falling out until I put the retaining clip on it (also a pain). Also, I can't open my driver door from the inside now. it took a few day for this to happen, but I can still feel some tension on the inside handle when i pull it but it does not open the door. I can still open it from the outside. I did some looking around (kinda) on here and read a post where someone named Aquaholic or something along those lines said to take the access pannel off the side of the door and using a pair of hose pliars to pull down on the rod for the inside door handle to 'adjust' the rod and that would fix the issue. I'm going to try that, but does anyone have any idea on what the issue with the persistent door sag could be? maybe the hole in the door for the hing pin is walled out? any information or ideas would be great.