New Member - 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johniew398

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2004 Tahoe yesterday.

We had our Mercedes sales rep keeping an eye out for a good trade in for our 16 year old grandson.

He told me I needed to check out a Tahoe they took in. It's a 2004 and had 138,600 miles but if you look at it - interior, exterior and even the engine you would sweat it was a new vehicle. No wear anywhere including the seats. Good Carfax report, two owner. Second owner was a woman who traded it for a Mercedes.

Not the most economical vehicle but should be a good solid vehicle for a 16 year old. The only problem I have found so far is a common problem, gear shift selector display is dim but I plan on fixing that before we give it to him.

johniew398

Reaction score
I had the guage cluster replaced so it is now new. Probably could have found an easier fix but that was the fastest way to fix it.

We gave the Tahoe to our grandson last night. He was extremely pleased.

TahoeRescue472

Reaction score
I have 04 Z71 tahoe, still goes strong if not stronger than when I bought it, have same issue with dim shifter lamp just have to remember Three notches and you are in gear lol. :) I have 155+ miles and have done nothing but change oil.