Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex396ss

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Alex and I´m from Stockholm, Sweden.

I bought a ´94 Chevy Tahoe 2-door last summer and I just love it!
Regarding the ´94 I´ve heard a lot of different modelnames and I don´t know the real name. I´ve heard Tahoe Sport, Blazer Fullsize, etc, do you guys know what the real name is?

I´ve been thinking of repainting it in another color, but it´s pretty hard when the interior is ugly blue and I don´t feel like switching it all out.....

First thing on the list now is new wheels.
I´m leaning towards the KMC XD Diesel Chrome 766 in a 20x10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XD-7...QsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

With a Nitto Terra Grappler Tire in 305/55-20:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitt...ryZ43958QQihZ018QQitemZ280170766672QQtcZphoto

What do you think, will it look good and of course will they fit?

And a couple of bad pics of my car!

Thank´s for a great site!

Alex

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Welcome to the board! Its really cool to see some Tahoes from europe! :thumbsup:

95ukawn

Reaction score
i didnt even know tahoes existed in sweeden!! nice truck bro!

Alex396ss

Reaction score
Thank´s man!

Yeah, we´ve got a lot of american cars here in Sweden, I´ve got 3 Chevy´s right now.

Alex

Alex396ss

Reaction score
Thank´s for the warm welcome guys!

What do you think of the wheels I´m interested in and do you think they´ll fit?

Alex

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would get running boards stock ones and get rid of that rear ball hitch then paint her black given bruises black and blues lol

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the board man. im a noob also. what you have there is a full size blazer or k5 blazer. 2 door tahoes are a bit longer i think. well at least they have smaller back side windows, i think. i like the truck. those models are hard to find here in North Carolina. that hitch kinda looks like a fishing hook. lol. but i guess it does the job.

what other chevys do you have?

Last edited:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the board man. im a noob also. what you have there is a full size blazer or k5 blazer. 2 door tahoes are a bit longer i think. well at least they have smaller back side windows, i think. i like the truck. those models are hard to find here in North Carolina. that hitch kinda looks like a fishing hook. lol. but i guess it does the job.

what other chevys do you have?

Actually, the last gen K5 Blazer and first gen 2-door Tahoe looks identical from the outside except for badging. I have a 2-door Tahoe, and a co-worker has a last gen K5 Blazer. When we park side by side, they look identical except for the color.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice set of chevy's you have. be sure to post up some pics of the camaro when you get it done. that chevelle is rediculously nice.

the rims will fit without a problem, tires come out to be 33.20 inches in overall diameter. you'll probably have some rub issues depending on the rim offset. mines came stock with 32" tires on it, but they weren't as wide as those are.

you may be able to get away with keys and 2" blocks in the rear (theres another thread about the leveling kit, check it out)

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the last gen K5 Blazer and first gen 2-door Tahoe looks identical from the outside except for badging. I have a 2-door Tahoe, and a co-worker has a last gen K5 Blazer. When we park side by side, they look identical except for the color.

oh i thought there was a it of difference. oh well. not the first time ive been worng. thanks for clearing it up man.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i thought there was a it of difference. oh well. not the first time ive been worng. thanks for clearing it up man.

Sure thing, I feel it's my job to police the forums trying to right what is wrong.:gy: Just kidding, I was totally joking there. But there really is very little difference between the two. Mainly the engine (96 and later) and some interior parts. The 94 K5 Blazer and the 95 Tahoe (2 door) are virtually identical.

Actually, there is more difference between 2 door and 4 door Tahoes. I read somewhere (wikipedia I think) that there is almost a 1000 pound difference between them.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that and the seats. Wikipedia can be a good resource for information, but because anyone can edit in there, it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I would like to know what the real weight difference is though.

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know what. i forgot about the seats. and the extra metal. thats probably 300 lbs. the seat maybe 150 and the doors and 50 a piece so thats 500 lbs right there. carpet maybe 15lbs. i got a total of 515lbs. no where near 1000.

oh yeah. whats up with the broken cup holder lids? mines broke too.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the doors are more than 50 lbs each, but still quite a bit under 1000 lbs. You should check your math...300 + 150 + 50 + 50 + 15 = 565 lbs, lol.

My cup holder lid was broken when I bought my Tahoe. I just figured I would put that in my sig until I was able to list another mod, :lol: I've seen a couple other Tahoe's with broken cup holder lids. Bad design I guess.