Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie81

Reaction score
Hello Guys
I am a moderator on Malibu Racing for G body cars.
I'm here trying to figure out why my 96 tahoe bucks and hesistates during acceleration. Had it hooked up to a snap-on scanner and no codes show up fuel pressure is great, everything is as it should be, but when you press on the peddle it bucks and hesitates. Real PITA leaving the corner.
Just replaced the MAF with no change, it has a new pump, crank sensor, plugs wires cap rotor.
I'm at a loss here and I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shaun

bowtie81

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it misfires, it does hesitate like it loses all power fro a breif second then goes then hesitate.
Sometimes if i dont push as much on the peddle if may not do it.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it misfires, it does hesitate like it loses all power fro a breif second then goes then hesitate.
Sometimes if i dont push as much on the peddle if may not do it.

Get the EGR Valve cleaned probably has too much carbon/diposites.

Bigbill

Reaction score
I had the same problem change the fuel filter you have pressure but not the volume you need to accelerate. I had the problem towing over he road in pa in the mountains. Was sleeping racking my brain and had just replace the cat and tuned engine the night prior to the trip the only thing I did not replace was the fuel filter as I had changed the pump and filter about three months prior

Lowufo

Reaction score
I had same issue pulled my hair out trying to figure it out. Long story short one of the new plugs had a hair line crack running the length of the plug..... never ever have I seen this before.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so.... 1. could be a fuel filter 2. could be EGR Valve cleaning needed or 3. just a plug or wire. Good Luck

Jason78

Reaction score
Could also be fuel pump failing at higher volumes, I had one do the same thing in my 99 z28

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also be fuel pump failing at higher volumes, I had one do the same thing in my 99 z28
Remember tho this is a 96 in 97 they changed the pump to a more different one and so your problem is little different from his as to how i had a 96 silverado and know exactly what the issue most likely is mine used to run really hard as well=high idle and hesitation to go. Cleaned the EGR Valve and everything was good.