new purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pault

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a 2012 2013 LTZ. Are there any problems with this vehicle. I currently drive a 09 Avalanche LTZ.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I have had my '12 Tahoe, since March 31, '12; it has been fantastic. I bought it CT. and in July, I drove it across the country to WA. State, towing a 6x12 trailer. It has been problem free. I LOVE it. YES, I would buy it again.

brodeyo

Reaction score
I purchased a '12 LT last year and it had a constant metallic rattle on the left side of the engine compartment, at low rpm. It was in the shop for over 20 days and the dealerships couldn't figure it out. It took 10 months and some fight, but I was able to trade into a 2013. I've driven about a dozen Tahoes and mine was the only one that made the noise. Probably built on New Years day :). The new one runs as expected. My only advise at this point would be to test drive more than just a couple of miles. Despite my issue, I would buy again.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're on our second LTZ, and both have been great trucks. I would buy another if need be. I'm not aware of any problems that keep occuring in these, and I work at a dealership. I have seen a real problem child, and they traded out of it. But that is a rare from what I see. The customer satisfaction rating on Tahoe's seems to be high also. Do some research to help make up your mind... LTZ Tahoe's are not cheap!