New radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbie

Reaction score
Thinking about putting a new radio into the newly acquired HOE...
Since I am a complete idiot and have not put a radio into a vehicle since Reagen was president... first term...
What do i need?
how do i get the controls from the steering wheel to work?

oh... its a 2004 lt 5.3....
Thanks for any advice

:happy160:

20Tahoe01

Reaction score
It may seem overwhelming at first but its rather simple. You will need an adapter/interface to plugin behind the stereo for your wheel controls to work. What kind of options does your HOE have? Bose? On-Star? Neither? Depending on what is there will be what you have to deal with to replace. For example, my 20O1 has On-Star but no Bose, so I had to purchase a PAC-OS1 kit to retain my factory On-Star. Other than that you need a head unit, install kit, and wiring harness. If I could I would suggest looking into sonicelectronix, you can use the site to get an idea as to what you want and then call them and customer service should be more than happy and willing to help you gather what you need to make everything work in your car with year, make, model, options. Best of luck to you!