Newbie with a dropped escalade need shock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItsAdam1

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Adam and I have a 2004 Caddy Escalade that is dropped about 3/5 on 24's. I have about a 115K miles on my escalade and its time to replace the shocks. Right now I know for sure I need new rear shocks, which shock would be good for a 5" rear drop or rear air bags? Toxic Drop shocks or ground force? How about bilstine for dropped SUV's?......

Well I want to mention that air ride is a great debate for me right now.. I want to do it then I don't. I do have the fab skills to do the work and know what all is needed to do I just wonder if there are any member that have bagged there GM SUV's and what their opinions are..... Love it or Hate it?
it just seems like so much fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcD6TOZHhPw
I know my bagged Impala is allot of fun plus the stance is awesome.

Oh here is a pic of my lade.
IMG_0155.jpg

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let me say that your Esky is Sick! I love that stance on it. And Welcome to the Forum! Belltech Nitto shocks are good, Bilstine are really good to. Do you have shock relocation brackets for your setup? if you do then you should be fine with some Bilstine's shocks IMO.

Seatownpits

Reaction score
Sick Lade!!!

I have an 04 Ext and am debating on what lowering kit to go with. Which kit are you running?

sam hamm

Reaction score
is yours awd?

if so how did you get the drop kit to work without messing up things?

ItsAdam1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Right now its a put together drop up front is just very loose keys and out back is shock extenders and 5" coils all from Mcgraphys... Oh and it a 2wd escalade I specificaly bought a 2wd to bag but never did...

On the shocks I am looking to eliminate the shock extenders when I go bags in the rear so that why I am looking for a drop shock

Oh and this will eventually be my goal
attachment.php

attachment.php

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Right now its a put together drop up front is just very loose keys and out back is shock extenders and 5" coils all from Mcgraphys... Oh and it a 2wd escalade I specificaly bought a 2wd to bag but never did...

On the shocks I am looking to eliminate the shock extenders when I go bags in the rear so that why I am looking for a drop shock

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not positive about eskys but on yukons when you do more than a 3 inch drop youre supposed to do relocators WITH drop shocks... i have bellteck nitro 2s a 5 down with no relocators but they are SOOOOOOO short.. and if it were even an inch lower it would DEF need relocaters with them

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had called djm after i put the drop in cause the rear was very stiff and it felt like i was bottoming out. I did buy drop shocks from stylin trucsk when i ordered the kit ( and also bought the drop shocks that they recomended) Come to find out, stylin trucks sent me 3" drop shock and not 5". Djm gave me the part numbers for the correct shocks, but never mentioned anything about shock extenders. You can always call mcgauhys and ask them what they recomend as far as shocks. Here is a pic of the stock shocks, 3" shocks, and the 5" shocks.
aquar091.jpg

ItsAdam1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....

I just order the 5" drop Toxic shock for the rear only. Now I am starting to think I should have gotten the ground force 3" shocks. I hope the 5" ride good and wont limit the lift when I get the bags....

Seatownpits

Reaction score

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats my friend Jimmy's Escalade from Advanced Auto Design in Auburn Washington.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you keep the shock extensions you'll have more travel, what do your rear fenders measure from the ground? How is the ride with those 5" coils? Airbags are pretty cheap, this kit is only $400ish online and all you'd need is a tank and compressor
http://www.ridetech.com/products/Chevy_Tahoe_00_05_CoolRide_Rear-935-961.html

the airbaggit.com com kit cost me $297 shipped... and includes lines to fill it with a standard compressor to your desired height and firmness (you just cant adjust it on board)