Newer factory GM rims on your Tahoe/Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckintube

Reaction score
here is mine.
wm.php

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The offset on the aftermarket wheels has them sitting about a 1'-1.5' outside the wheel wells so there is no issue with rubbing. I wanna say they are 305s but don't quote me though, I'll take a lo0k tomorrow and let you know for sure.

3179748_1_full.jpg

truckintube

Reaction score
yeah you have to go more offset. I think factory offset for newer tahoe will fit right. when I had old rim with stock offset (+15mm) it sticked out. now with this factory 20" it doesn't stick out as much.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah factory offset would be 31mm.
You're running 20x8.5 right?

hutchem

Reaction score
What size wheel, 17x7.5?
Tire, 285/70?
Do they stick outside the fenders at all?

The rims are 16's not sure of the width. The tires are 285/75R16 and they do not stick outside the fenders at all. That is what I like about them they fill out the fender wells both in height and width, the end of the tread lines up perfectly with the front fenders edge and stay inside the rear fenders. HaKs310 I personally think that thing looks good.

992door, I love you hoe, I wanted to do the fender flares on mine after seeing yours, but I do not think it would look as good on my 4 door as it does on yours.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
992door, I love you hoe, I wanted to do the fender flares on mine after seeing yours, but I do not think it would look as good on my 4 door as it does on yours.

Thanks yours looks good to

John Redcorn I am also running the 285's on mine and the only place that it rubs is on the lower control arm

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
992door, they are 285/50. Don't know why I thought they were 305s...think I saw a 'Hoe I liked with 305s on cardomain.

Thanks, hutchem, I love how the rear ones sit, they are flush with the fender.....the front ones, not so much, they sit about an inch outside and it just doesn't work for me.

truckintube, what size tires are you running?

Thinkin' of doing SS wheels and powdercoating them black when money rolls in.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get the PIAA air dam?? thats exactly what im looking for but i cant find it anywhere! not even on the PIAA website.

The PIAA air dam for the GMT 400 Tahoe has long ago been discontinued. In fact, people are having a difficult time finding the PIAA air dam for the GMT 800 Tahoes since they discontinued them as well.

I wish I could help you find one for your vehicle, but I have no idea where any remaining specimens could be found. I migh recommend contacting PIAA directly to see if they have any in an obscure warehouse or know of one. Good luck in your search and let me know if you find one!

hapyspaz

Reaction score
99 2 door with '08 18's

Here is my 99 2 door with 18" wheels off an '08 Z71.

picture.php

Last edited:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PIAA air dam for the GMT 400 Tahoe has long ago been discontinued. In fact, people are having a difficult time finding the PIAA air dam for the GMT 800 Tahoes since they discontinued them as well.

I wish I could help you find one for your vehicle, but I have no idea where any remaining specimens could be found. I migh recommend contacting PIAA directly to see if they have any in an obscure warehouse or know of one. Good luck in your search and let me know if you find one!

thats dumb on PIAA's part. its not like because the truck is no longer manufactured, that people are not going to customize their tahoe. I guess i will have to give them a call and hope they cah help me find one. if not, i'll make my own. lol

Tater Salad

Reaction score
I just picked up my 99 Tahoe Sport last night, and while browsing through various picture threads I noticed that a lot of the newer factory GM rims look very nice on the GMT 400 trucks.

Please post any pics you have of tahoe and yukons with newer style factory GM rims.

Thanks.

There's a business in No. Little Rock, Ar that sells factory take offs at reasonable prices. Most are new with low mileage and some are new.
AC SPORT "Scott"
6108 Carnegie Road
North little rock

sows vehicles with different tires and wheel
Also Discount tires