Newer factory GM rims on your Tahoe/Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport99

Reaction score
I just picked up my 99 Tahoe Sport last night, and while browsing through various picture threads I noticed that a lot of the newer factory GM rims look very nice on the GMT 400 trucks.

Please post any pics you have of tahoe and yukons with newer style factory GM rims.

Thanks.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine had the ubiquitous generic Z71 wheels when I got it. like these: http://www.delta4x4club.com/TECH/THUMBS/97Z716INCH.jpg (I have 2 full sets of these with tires in Tulsa if anyone's interested)

Later for $100 on craigslist I got the same wheels as Tahoegoboom in that linked thread with some tires with a ~year left in them. I like them a lot better. (But the ones clean95 and bigdaddy have in that thread I like better than mine.)

I saw a truck at work that had the old style z71 wheels like i had but he had the center caps like mine and tahoegoboom's, huge improvement in looks those fake black lugnuts make over just the plain slick center cap.

Last edited:

Sport99

Reaction score
Search is your friend.

Check this thread out there are a few in there.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=11735

That thread was the reason I started this one. Unfortunately there weren't many pictures in that one, and it was limited to 00-06. GM has added nicer rims for their 07-09 models. I just want to get a thread going for reference purposes.

Please don't be shy, show off your truck with newer GM wheels!

XLDENALIXL

Reaction score
honestly i think the caddy 22's are very nice. but on the GMt-400's, the LTZ 07 and up 20's look GORGOUS! has anybody blacked out the 07 LTZ 20's?

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put 17" Avalanche rims on my truck along with 265 65 17 Bridgestone duellers. Looks great.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rims on my 97 2 door came off a 2002 Tahoe...

100_0067.jpg

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
second one is a photoshop someone did for me

Attachments

• blackedouthoe2.jpg
    blackedouthoe2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 24
  • wheelspo8.jpg
    wheelspo8.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 21

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a photograph of my vehicle with takeoffs from a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT.
6472740089_large.jpg

This is a photograph of my vehicle with takeoffs from a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali.
6472740152_large.jpg

I like them both, but prefer the Tahoe wheels because they have the Chevrolet bowtie logo on them and the aluminum matches the silver underbody of my vehicle better. The Tahoe wheels are on my vehicle right now.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 104

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JsnChristianson- love both sets of those rims.. i think i like the 04 tahoe rims a little better, but both look realllly good man. i love always checking out your cardomain and seeing whats new and your lights.. nice progress

hutchem

Reaction score
Nice. Do you have any kind of lift to make 285s fit? what series sidewall are they? do they rub at all?

John Redcorn, I do not have any lift at all. The tires do not rub on the fenders, and only on the lower control arm (driver side) when I turn sharp to the right on a downslope of any kind, but that is it. I believe they are the perfect size on these body styles with 4wd. As far as the sidewall, not sure but the load range is D.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JsnChristianson- love both sets of those rims.. i think i like the 04 tahoe rims a little better, but both look realllly good man. i love always checking out your cardomain and seeing whats new and your lights.. nice progress

Thank you!!!

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a photograph of my vehicle with takeoffs from a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT.
6472740089_large.jpg

This is a photograph of my vehicle with takeoffs from a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali.
6472740152_large.jpg

I like them both, but prefer the Tahoe wheels because they have the Chevrolet bowtie logo on them and the aluminum matches the silver underbody of my vehicle better. The Tahoe wheels are on my vehicle right now.

where did you get the PIAA air dam?? thats exactly what im looking for but i cant find it anywhere! not even on the PIAA website.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John Redcorn, I do not have any lift at all. The tires do not rub on the fenders, and only on the lower control arm (driver side) when I turn sharp to the right on a downslope of any kind, but that is it. I believe they are the perfect size on these body styles with 4wd. As far as the sidewall, not sure but the load range is D.

What size wheel, 17x7.5?
Tire, 285/70?
Do they stick outside the fenders at all?

I got my 'Hoe a couple of months ago, also a 4WD and the previous owner was running 305s on it with 20' wheels. The front tires stick outside the fender and I hate it.
I have OEM wheels from a 08 'Hoe in mind that I wanna go with, but I'm trying to decide what size tire would go best.

Last edited:

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have any pictures of it with the 305s on it. did you have any problems with them rubbing anywhere