Nice Looking Dash Kit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make a nice looking dash kit for a DD Din? All the pictures I see show kits that don't match the factory plastic at all.

Post up some pics so I can get a better idea, please.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is some nice stuff on that site, why did you have to tantalize me with that???

Last edited:

Xclusive

Reaction score
Does anyone make a nice looking dash kit for a DD Din? All the pictures I see show kits that don't match the factory plastic at all.

Post up some pics so I can get a better idea, please.

Im not sure if you are looking for a dash kit to install an after-market double din stereo/nav, but if you are Metra 95-3305 dash kit matches the little black strip above the OEM radio perfectly. It doesnt look like you typical dash kit made from ABS plastic

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my_deck_207.jpg

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey brdnboy - How do you like your Avic-F90bt. Thats the HU I want to get, but I am reading about some problems it has, longboot time, Ipod libary load time, and others. I was going to wait until Pioneer fixed them.

Are you have any problems or complaints with yours? What did you buy for it?

This is what I was planning on:
Pac Steering Wheel Kit
Pac Wiring Harness
Metra Dash Kit
XM without traffic.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey brdnboy - How do you like your Avic-F90bt. Thats the HU I want to get, but I am reading about some problems it has, longboot time, Ipod libary load time, and others. I was going to wait until Pioneer fixed them.

Are you have any problems or complaints with yours? What did you buy for it?

This is what I was planning on:
Pac Steering Wheel Kit
Pac Wiring Harness
Metra Dash Kit
XM without traffic.

Thats a D3 in the pic, and i don't have an avic-f90bt yet. I was/am considering it once the problems are fixed, but like you said, it does have quite few issues. I already have the pac/ peripheral harness, nav-1129, and swc interface. I would recommend the nav-1129 to make you life(installation) easier (it has vss, ill, reverse all right there at the dash), but other than that what you listed sounds great. It already includes the ipod cable so your set there, and xm is nice to have. I have been hearing rumors of a fix being released within 30-90 days. It could be a while though, as pioneer isn't know for quick updates. Just recently i have considered going with a carputer instead of the avic. I am seriously considering a mac mini with lilliput or xenarc plus the rest of the stuff that is required. i had an avic in my last tahoe, and i think a carputer would be a lot more fun (i am a computer nerd to the extreme). I have done a lot of f90bt research and was going to purchase one for $900 plus tax but decided against it. They can be had for a good price so hunt round before purchase and keep an eye out for an updated firmware. Let me know if you have any questions.

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you think about the Alpine IVA-W205 DVD Navigation Bluetooth Blackbird?? for a 07 tahoe

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just went to check put the alpine iva-505 damm! you need a special harness for everything i need a harness for the bose speakers a harness for the steering wheel controls and a harness for sirius 500.00 in harnesses alone!!! + an extra 600.00 for the blackbird nice stereo but jesus!

b's07hoe

Reaction score
i put a w205 b200 in my hoe. The only problem is it will stick out about an inch from the dash unless you cut away some of the plastic in the back. I don't mind the sticking out and i think it still looks stock.

08LTMike

Reaction score
Thats a D3 in the pic, and i don't have an avic-f90bt yet. I was/am considering it once the problems are fixed, but like you said, it does have quite few issues. I already have the pac/ peripheral harness, nav-1129, and swc interface. I would recommend the nav-1129 to make you life(installation) easier (it has vss, ill, reverse all right there at the dash), but other than that what you listed sounds great. It already includes the ipod cable so your set there, and xm is nice to have. I have been hearing rumors of a fix being released within 30-90 days. It could be a while though, as pioneer isn't know for quick updates. Just recently i have considered going with a carputer instead of the avic. I am seriously considering a mac mini with lilliput or xenarc plus the rest of the stuff that is required. i had an avic in my last tahoe, and i think a carputer would be a lot more fun (i am a computer nerd to the extreme). I have done a lot of f90bt research and was going to purchase one for $900 plus tax but decided against it. They can be had for a good price so hunt round before purchase and keep an eye out for an updated firmware. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey guys, i am installing an Avic-Z3 next week and have the pac swi-ps and the Metra 95-3305. What else do I need to get to have full functionality with my install?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a wiring harness??? Make sure you get one for your needs, (Bose, Onstar, or whatever else you have) It will cost you over a 100 bucks most likly. Don't buy the real cheap one or you will lose all your warning tones.

Renny

Reaction score
hey 08ltmike, I have a Z2 in my 08 yukon, so here is some valuable advice.
when installing your remote microphone, route it to sit under the dash hood / visor that overhangs the instrument cluster. That is the only place I could find that minimized the echo issue that the unit has when the blue-tooth is hooked up.
You can also expect to carve out some dash plastic at the rear of the unit. Cut out both horizontal pieces of plastic otherwise the unit won't fit due to all the wires etc.
When installing the nav antennae, you can route it under the dash board to have it sit right up where the window and the dash meet. That way you can have it protected from the weather. The way to do this is to gently pry up the front section of plastic below the wind sheild. Once you can get a couple fingers in between the two sections of plastic, fish the wire up from the HU pocket and then route it around to the A-pillar on the passenger side and then back to the middle of the dash between the windsheild and dash. The install comes out very clean looking with just the antennae box sitting on your dash board.
good luck.

08LTMike

Reaction score
thanks for the advice renny will definitely use those tips. scotto i have 2008 with onstar and without bose. is this the right harness?

Attachments

• Picture 27.jpg
    Picture 27.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 19

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like it will do just fine. How much do they want for the PAC model? I have not priced around for it. I know the Metra harness is like 100-130 area.

Renny

Reaction score
I had a problem using the "GM" antennae adapter that was being sold by Metra. It turned out that I needed the Chrysler one. Keep that in mind when getting into that aspect of the install.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrysler antenna adapter?? Really?? Never heard that one, but what does it look like?? Right Angle on one end? How long?