No 3rd row seat - or can I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is an LS with all the LT package options (don't have a clue why). It did not come with third row seats, nor the setup in the cargo area for it.

Is this something I can add on somehow? Parts I can mount somehow?

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a customer who bought seats at a yard and came to us for the anchor points wich are put in the floor at the factory my parts guy couldn't find any anchor parts in the catalog. so unless you can remove them from a yard vehicle i think it has to be built with them. if you pull the carpet up in the back you will see indentations on where the anchors should be.

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think they are welded. what i am saying is if you go to a yard get everything anchors and all. if they are bolted in.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, I'm gonna call around a couple of scrapyards around here and see if anyone's got anything.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a part for it.

Anyway, thanks!

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The anchor points in my 2004 are sunk into the floor, and then there's a bar bolted into that area that the seat attaches to.

What brodg is talking about means you'd probably have to cut holes in your floor and have junkyard parts welded into place. The part would be cut from an existing Hoe and welded into your truck's floor. The parts would have to be welded into the exact position if they were put in separately, or the seats would be a pain to latch in. Seems to me if holes are going to be cut and welding is to be done, you'd be better off replacing the entire cargo floor with one that had the brackets. Take into consideration that if you were in a wreck, and someone was belted into that seat.. you'd want it to be pretty friggin sturdy.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about really, I'm just guessing.
Trying to help ya troubleshoot.

Long day.

BH

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts. I'll talk with my local dealership guys - they have a huge repair shop and hopefully can hook me up with something.

Most are stealerships, but out here in the boonies they're good-ole-boys. Hell, last time I went to order a new remote, they were nice enough to toss me a free one (they searched every stash for a half hour) when I dropped mine in a toilet and killed it.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photos of brackets

Hope this helps clarify my babble.

BH

Attachments

• Library - 4598.jpg
    Library - 4598.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Library - 4599.jpg
    Library - 4599.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Library - 4600.jpg
    Library - 4600.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 56

02Tahoez

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Z71 Tahoe and I added the 3rd row seats. Its very easy. The prethreaded holes are all ready in the floor, they are just covered up by plugs. if look from under your vehicle you will see them. I went to the dealer and bought the brackets that are shown in the last post. I went to a nut and bolt place to buy the washers and bolts. Then just cut your carpet where the brackets are and your done.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Z71 Tahoe and I added the 3rd row seats. Its very easy. The prethreaded holes are all ready in the floor, they are just covered up by plugs. if look from under your vehicle you will see them. I went to the dealer and bought the brackets that are shown in the last post. I went to a nut and bolt place to buy the washers and bolts. Then just cut your carpet where the brackets are and your done.

Good info. Thnx:thumbsup: Would you happen to have a part number for the brackets?

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, you are the shizzle 02Tahoez! What was the approximate cost of all the brackets?

Nice cutting board, btw :)

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else successfully done this? I am thinking about buying a 2005 z71 that does not have 3rd row seating and adding it my self. I've actually got an extra set of 3rd row seats from an 03 Hoe. Does anyone know if the seats from an 03 will fit into the "factory" mounting locations in an 05?