Noise from Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyYukonXL

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just picked up my 08 Yukon XL. This is my 2nd stint with the yukon. I had a 04 Yukon XL Denali, traded for an Acadia and hated that car, so went back to my Yukon. Anyway, I was sitting in the truck running and getting my Onstar set up when out of the blue this high pitched buzzing sound came from the radio. i think it's the Internal cooling Fan for the radio. Anyone else hear this

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nav radio has a DVD drive that spins up when you open the door but it sounds like a computer hard drive or a CD drive. Haven't heard anything re: a cooling fan in the radio.

MyYukonXL

Reaction score
Well i took the Yukon into the dealer and let him hear the buzzing from the radio. The service manager came out and heard it. He confirmed that the sound is the built in cooling fan. According to him the 07 and up Yukon radios have this built in cooling fan.

He took all the information and they are replacing the whole radio.

I just wanted to put it out there in case some of you get this problem.