NOOB In Da House

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Hey all whats up? Fellow Noob here. I purchased a 2002 Flex Fuel Chevy Suburban 2wd yesterday. I have been a lurker on these boards for oh 2 weeks or so.

I'm looking forward to learning more info on these things. So far seems like an awesome vehicle. That's after coming from a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria, hey dont knock it unless you owned the one I had. That being typed, this truck has some very big shoes to fill.

Looking for some tips, maybe a specific Suburban forum, since the one here does not really keep up like the hoe forums.

One question, I just founf it odd that even though it is a 2wd, it has torsion bar front suspension. New to me as I was expecting to see a rather conventional front suspension. I type this because i would like to lower her 2 in the front and 3 in the rear and with that, I guess is my first question. What all would I need? Thank you.

BTW I am very well aware of the search function, but I have 3 kids hanging on me and it's hard to do so.

Mr.Klean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Belltech and Mcgaughys make a 2/3 kit. Its really a matter of which kit you would want to do. They both make a basic kit that is 2" torsion keys and 3" rear springs and shock relocators or the deluxe kit which is 2" spindles and 3" springs with shock relocators. I would recommend the deluxe kit but everyone has varying opinions on the kits. Hope that helps and welcome to the board.

Last edited:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I was beginning to think I was not wanted here in this forum being that i have a Suburban.

I would like to go deluxe as I have read that it would not throw off the steering geometry and I prolly won't run into alignment issues.

The drop really won't be for looks as it would be for function as I have a bad back and would like to lower the step in height.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was beginning to think I was not wanted here in this forum being that i have a Suburban.

Suburban = Tahoe with a longer wheelbase. ;)

No worries man, everybody's welcome here. 'Hoes, 'Burbans, Escalades, Yukes, Denalis....it's all good. All basically the same truck with some different tweaks and trim.

Don't forget though, you asked a technical question in the general discussion forums...thats probably why it didn't get much attention. Ask the same question in the technical forum and the local guru's will jump all over it, I'm sure. :)

Lets see some pics of your truck, eh?

Mr.Klean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I was beginning to think I was not wanted here in this forum being that i have a Suburban.

I would like to go deluxe as I have read that it would not throw off the steering geometry and I prolly won't run into alignment issues.

The drop really won't be for looks as it would be for function as I have a bad back and would like to lower the step in height.

No problem. Get us some before and after pics when you lower the burban.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your reason for lowering your burb, "i have a bad back.." Now if only that will work when I try to get my wife to agree to lowering the kon just a little.:lol: and welcome! :thumbsup: