Noob with a Suburban....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirJeffro

Reaction score
Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, it's a Suburban and NOT a Tahoe.... But I am counting on the collective wisdom & knowledge of the forum concerning shared points. Mine is in fact '95 Suburban LS K2500 with the 7.4L big block gasser, 4L80 trans and 4.10 rearend. Gonna use it for towing a travel trailer.

At 144k miles, mechanically she's in pretty good shape and was well cared for by the original owner....always repaired at the Chevy dealer and maintained at home. We got it from the original owner's neighbor who had it for about eighteen months, but only pulled their camper about three times.

Exerior is what you'd expect of a 21 year old GM truck....decent body, paint failing on the hood, itty-bitty dings and scritches, but ZERO rust. Stock steel wheels with all center caps and trim rings present. Faded, waterlogged headlights and cracked grill...

Interior is nearly mint! Blue cloth, all doo-dads and features work as they should, only a few rear AC knobs AWOL....

I have a To-Do list with a couple dozen points/items to address, but mostly comfort/function upgrades (it IS "only" an LS, afterall) like Bluetooth stereo, upgrade speakers, rearview camera, new Vent Shades, and remove the "old guy" compass & thermometer and various stickers. Also upgrade the headlights and PlastiDip the steel wheels and polish the caps & trim rings.

Looking forward to gleaning information and knowledge here, but if this is not the place for me with my '95 'Burb I"ll be content to just lurk in the shadows and not bother anyone.

Cheers!
Jeff P.
Raleigh, NC USA!