Normal noise when opening door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kimdvm

Reaction score
I purchased a new Denali XL just over a week ago. I am developing a list of minor squawks to take it to the dealer for, including the dome light not coming on when I open the door (checked the manual to be sure all my settings were right) and the delay lock feature not working when I use the remote.

Also, I hear a whirring noise, similar to a CD loading when the engine is shut off and I open the door. It quits again a moment after the door is closed. Is this normal or should I be sure they address it? :confused2:

Thanks
Kim

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you open the door, the Nav DVD spins up and that's what you are hearing. It's normal. :thumbsup:

Sound_Designer

Reaction score
I don't have the Nav system in my LTZ but I get the same sound. I ejected both the CD and DVD drawers and the sound still happened. I'm thinking that it might be a fan coming on for the stereo's amplifier.

My 2 cents!

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear the same thing in my Denali when I open the door. I have the Nav system too and I always just assumed it was the nav disc spinning up, but to not have the nav system and hear the same sound :confused: .

Did you check to make sure your dome light override switch is not toggled on? It's right above the interior light switch and it's kinda hard to determine whether or not it's engaged just by looking at it.

2007 Z71

Reaction score
The disc spinning noise is normal. I just brought my 07 Z71 in for that reason, and the gave me the bulletin describing the issue. It is normal operation and related to the fan.

I was origanally confused on the internal dome too. I turned the switch described in the above post, and set the system to have dome lights on when opening doors or unlocking vehicle.