not trying to be racist but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom q

Reaction score
I drive an 04 Tahoe, been driving it for 4 years

and

I'm 100% Filipino (Asian)!!!!!;)

so am I the only Asian in this forum???

I drive around Modesto, CA. Say "Hi" to me when you see me on the road :)

Thoma$

Reaction score
I drive an 04 Tahoe, been driving it for 4 years

and

I'm 100% Filipino (Asian)!!!!!;)

so am I the only Asian in this forum???

I drive around Modesto, CA. Say "Hi" to me when you see me on the road :)

thats funny because when i seen this thread title, i was gonna reply to it because i know a fine ass filipino chick who drives a 03 tahoe...a tight ass 03 tahoe. shes got 26s on it and air bags, and im guessing a body drop because when she drops it all the way the running boards sit on the ground. those 26s look pretty sick all tucked up under the wheel wells when its sittin on the ground. next time i see her ill get a pic of it.

JohnKTKim

Reaction score
hey,

I am asian, I drive a Tahoe and Bass fish !

the power pedal help with the leg reach :)) I actually have it all the way in, as I stand about 6")

Love my Tahoe,
(even though the lousy parking brake froze and had to have it towed to the dealer two nights ago)
this 05 is my third Tahoe
had 95, 96, and current 05 Burmuda Blue Hoe!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I was born in S. Korea. My dad was military and stationed in Korea; my dad's American, my mom Korean. My mom and I moved here to the states back in '76 with my dad when I was two yrs old. I've never owned an Asian car and probably never will. I'm a hardcore GM guy. I've had about 13, maybe 14 Z28's/Trans Ams. Some I've built for SCCA events and some for 1/4 mile drags. My first car was a SVO turbocharged 'stang that I had for about two yrs, then I went straight GM after that (except for a new Expedition I bought a few yrs ago). Right now I have my Tahoe, Cadillac CTS, and Z28 Camaro. Imports are highly discouraged in my driveway:D. I've also built a lot of custom a/v systems for car/truck shows and comps like the Tx Heat Wave Show and the Daytona Spring Break Nationals.
It is rare to see an Asian drive domestic vehicles. Most Asian customers I deal with drive Hondas and Toyotas, while some of my upper-class Asian customers drive Infinitis and Bimmers.

JohnKTKim

Reaction score
ry%3D480

the only pic I have of my Tahoe (for now)

JohnKTKim

Reaction score
funny, I sell Honda cars/trucks, the wife drives a 06 Odyssey - I've always had american made cars/trucks
1972 RS Camaro 350 LT1, 77 T/A 400, 88 302 stang, 95 Hoe LT, 96 Hoe LT, and this 05 Z71 Tahoe... 05 is bone stock w/33K miles (for now)

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm full Asian, born and raised in Taiwan til I was 15. I drive an 05 Tahoe and an 07 Lexus. Looked at some other "typical Asian car brands" when I wanted to get an SUV but in the end, the Tahoe offered the same practicality for significantly less money.

My main concern was to have an SUV big enough to transport my road bike inside the cabin and to be able to haul more than 4 people comfortably. I'm 5'11" btw.

skunk2

Reaction score
Just another asian checking in.............. I use to drive an 04 Tahoe, but I have an 06 Denali now. :thumbsup:

newdriver

Reaction score
people were just used to driving japanese/korean made cars because those were available in those countries. not so many american made cars/ trucks made its way in asia that is why.

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people were just used to driving japanese/korean made cars because those were available in those countries. not so many american made cars/ trucks made its way in asia that is why.

Main reasons are because gas costs quite a bit more in Asia, the streets/parking spaces are much smaller, and there simply isn't as much need for a full-size pick-up/SUV.

But I'm loving mine though!

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving a big American car with left-hand drive in Japan is a status symbol because they are uncommon--they're imports. That's different from over here because Chevy's and GMC's are not status symbols and are not aimed at the luxury market. They're common.

Most Asian people around where I live are business owners or are investors, etc. and they're looking to drive something with more refinement or are more showy like the Escalade.

ronerider

Reaction score
I'm asian (originally from Afghanistan) and do drive a Tahoe, here are some of my interests,

Dirt bike (before race)
IMG_1012.jpg

After a race
IMG_1013.jpg

Target shooting (both rifle and handgun)
IMG_1130.jpg

Sport bikes
IMG_1352.jpg

Fast boats

Big game fish
IMG_0045.jpg

Deer
Buck07.jpg

Schutzhund dogs
IMG_0476.jpg

Last edited:

ronerider

Reaction score
That was only a 160lb fish (Striped Marlin), took 20 minutes or so, my arms were about to fall off though. That dude in the back ground is the skipper, he gaffed the fish as the first mate pulled it in place by the leader.