Odyssey Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was watching Modern Marvels on the history Channel a few days ago and they talked about the Odyssey battery, saying it is the most powerful and dependant battery for Cars, Boats and other applications that they are even used to provide electricity for support in times of communication power errors. They can also go without use for up to 2 Years at 77 degrees compared to the traditional battery that can at them most go half a year.
To me it sounds like its beetter than the Optima Yellow Top, what do yall think?
Linky: http://www.odysseyfactory.com/batteries.html

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read it is a better battery than Optima hands-down. However, the Optima will provide more than most of us will ever need, so the Odyssey has a value that would largely remain untapped. So the extra value is wasted, as are the extra dollars spent on it. Sort of like using a C-clamp to hold your papers together, when all you needed was a paper clip.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's nephew works at Batteries Plus and he says that the Odyssey is definitely better than the Optimas. Of course, price is the issue!