Oil Change reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revice

Reaction score
I just had my oil changed today on my 2006 Tahoe...How do I reset the digital message that says "Change engine Oil"??? Please let me know. My email: [email protected]

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Tahoe Forum. I believe this is in the manual. Turn the key on and get the oil life on the display. Depress the accelerator to the floor and release four times.

slvrbrchyukon

Reaction score
Welcome to the Tahoe Forum. I believe this is in the manual. Turn the key on and get the oil life on the display. Depress the accelerator to the floor and release four times.

really? which manual are you usiing ...

on my yukon, all I have to do is go to the oil life display and hold the check mark button and it will reset back to 100% ... maybe it's different for the tahoe ;)

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

on my yukon, all I have to do is go to the oil life display and hold the check mark button and it will reset back to 100% ... maybe it's different for the tahoe ;)

The method for the 07 vs the 06 and older is different.

20tahoe07

Reaction score

^ this man speaks the truth. just get to the oil life display and hold check mark.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP has a 2006 not a 2007. Maybe a mod could move this thread to 2000-2006 to prevent confusion.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, I thought you were joking! I just tried it out cuz I changed the oil couple days ago and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
00-06. With the key in the run position, press the accelerator pedal down fully and release three times. The next time you start the truck, the Change Oil msg will flash 5 times then go off if cleared successfully.

NightOwl

Reaction score
Oil Light

I have a 06 Tahoe and it works both ways, gas pedal or control on steering wheel. Is there a difference?? I have never had my change oil light come on, I don't have the manual what is the percentage on the oil before it prompts you to change?

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gaspedal thing is probably just a relic from before the driving computer age. :D