On my way to 25MPG!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love getting 15mpg in my denali, makes me wanna go bounce off the rev limiter right now. I did pick up 20 miles per tank after switching my 10bolt over to rp in my 00 limited. Limited slip engaged much easier and it pulled a little smoother through the powerband with the rp motor oil. I wouldn't count on oil making that much difference but it has made all my trucks run stronger and pick up slight mileage.

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed one thing in my tahoe. If i drive 75 i get 15 mpg, if i drive 60, i get 19.5.

Most of your mileage will be had from your driving habits.

tommygun

Reaction score
i really wanna get a yukon, but im afraid of the mileage ill get. i drive an 05 v6 magnum now, and i get around 26mpg.

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has 5 batteries, are those increasing the gas milage?

haha just messin around i dont think the red top helps gas milage really.
but the rest all sounds good to me good luck gettin up there to 25, i would be happy with 17-18 out of my denali. really looking forward to the E-fan results

maswindell

Reaction score
I have a 04 Tahoe with 3.73 gears and on back to back trips with cruise set at 67mph I averaged 19.5 mpg. I think thats pretty decent. I bought it used with 22000 miles and the previous owner always used mobil 1 which I just changed. Around town and half freeway commuting, I get 16mpg. I'm not at all unhappy with these numbers all from the DIC.

Last-Call

Reaction score
Ok after the dyno I was real pleased to see a 49 hp jump from stock. I will figure out how to scan the dyno sheet soon. I have been city driving getting 22.5. I can't drive it any better, 22.5 is the best I can do. I have not had time to install the new fans and harness, but from what I read that should put me over 25 MPG.

Zach

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed one thing in my tahoe. If i drive 75 i get 15 mpg, if i drive 60, i get 19.5.

Most of your mileage will be had from your driving habits.

i can tell you why. next time watch your RPMS

when im going 65 im turning about 1600 when im going 75 im turning about 2300. thats alot more fuel going to the engine. 80 is about 2800-3000 depending on hills.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the first thing i should do to my 2005 yukon to get better gas mileage?

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Would I assume your bragging about highway right? Because there is no way you'll get this in the city.

It just sounds like a lot of mods for highway, if I'm right. I'm already getting 22.8 on the highway with nothing more than a Jet chip.

Last-Call

Reaction score
Well back again, I still can't get this thing to do any better then 22.5 mpg back and forth to work and what not. It is mixed city and a little high way.

I did change a few things out with the front bumper and lights, nothing to do with milage. Maybe it I put the stock wheels back on, it will turn a little better on the gas.....Nah, the 20's look to good.

Picture130.jpg

Picture131.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the math is wrong or what but I'm not believing anything over 20mpg highway or city even with a 2wd.

Last-Call

Reaction score
It's mods and driving style. Did you read everything I have done to do this?

The last tank I did 443 miles to 20 Gls of fuel.....22.15

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe with efans but that sh*t is ridiculous, you're crazy to push a 2wd tahoe in minnesota too :thumbsup:

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow- 49hp off of those mods? Guess I would have to see it to believe it. I am probably only pushing an extra 60hp with my recent mods (headers, cam, valve springs, cat converters). That is on top of my previous mods of intake, exhaust and tune.

Who told you a TB would be a benefit for your vehicle? 96+ you really don't really need it as they have dry intake manifolds. The TBs helped atomization on the older vehicles.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to see that dyno sheet too. Not trying to call BS too early, but these numbers seem a wee bit exaggerated. No offense, just basing my opinion on what I've seen and heard...and I've never seen or heard anything that high. 49whp off of a tune is nucking futz.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the math is wrong or what but I'm not believing anything over 20mpg highway or city even with a 2wd.

I have a 2005 LS 5.3 4x4 and I am pulling 21-23 highway stock, my exhaust is coming so I hope I'll best my 23.2 soon... Normal city driving without A/C is 18-19 most of the time.

To quote FnF "You've got a heavy foot... you'll blow yourself to pieces."

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you don't have one yet, get a K&N airfilter. Running synthetic motor oil helps a little. Getting a performance chip or having an electronic tune-up of the vehicles computer is another. In my opinion, its all in what you want to spend which is relative to your satisfaction. Some folks would even say new exhaust/headers. But here are just a few options. If I am too far off base, I'm sure someone will provide more insight.

QUOTE=JPerkMr954;46197]Whats the first thing i should do to my 2005 yukon to get better gas mileage?[/QUOTE]