onstar upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there I'm about to renew my onstar service and I heard about the upgrade to the "full" digital due to FCC regulations starting in 08 .. Any one have this done yet and any problems? expensive?

mjbradeis

Reaction score
They told me it would be a one time fee to upgrade from analog to digital. And that it could be completed at any dealer.

Boomer_Sooners

Reaction score
Did it and everything works as normal. Paid $225.00 and that includes a one year agreement and 25 to the dealership. Took about 1/2 day.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 200 /year to renew the service for the basic package alone so I take it you didnt have the onstar service active ? before the upgrade ? I called onstar about it and they stated if you have active service you only pay the 20 bucks to get thing installed but if you need to renew or close to the renewal there gonna slam you with the 200 :) on top :thumbsup: