Opinions please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife thinks it would be "too much." But I have already cleared out the headlights and bought/installed new blinker lights that are clear. Im thinkng that there is too much white on the front end. Thinking of smoking the blinker lights. Im not into smoked headlights, but i think the blinkers/parking lights would look better if they were smoked. here is a photoshopped look at what im thinking about. Wife says it wont look good, but the front end is just not black enough...

Please don't let my horrible photoshopping sway your opinion...

yuk%20003.jpg

blinkers.jpg

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
Personal Opinion

My opinion is that it looks good the way it is now. I think the blacked out blinkers would say " Look I can Black Out everything" The way it is now in suttle and more elegant. But thats just my two cents. Hell mines Black with all the chrome still on.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan of the WHOLE thing being blacked out. I think it makes it look cheap... and like a beater, but that's my opinion. I think you should keep it the way it is... and get a LITTLE more chrome on it. (I think black wheels w/ chrome or polished lip would look SWEET on that.)

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that it looks a whole lot better with the blinker lights cleared. I think smoked would be tacky. That's my opinion :).

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a fan of the WHOLE thing being blacked out. I think it makes it look cheap... and like a beater, but that's my opinion. I think you should keep it the way it is... and get a LITTLE more chrome on it. (I think black wheels w/ chrome or polished lip would look SWEET on that.)

MORE chrome? The idea is to stay away from chrome. It took a lot of work to get rid of it.

I like the polished lip on black wheels too, but I also see that polished lip on about 25 different cars everyday.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MORE chrome? The idea is to stay away from chrome. It took a lot of work to get rid of it.

I like the polished lip on black wheels too, but I also see that polished lip on about 25 different cars everyday.

Well, the thread was about opinions... and my opinion is that you need something to offset the monochrome... polished lip on the black wheels would set it off well... that's all I'm saying...

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate your opinion.. I asked for it. Just letting you know where im coming from.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITs an all or nothing thing to me. What i would do is insted of blacking out your parking lights. Get a pair of projector headlights that are black and not crome.

that way you can get the blacked out look but not loose any light output and in some cases GET MORE!!!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sh*t ain't blacked out, looks way cleaner without being tacky. I used to be into the honda bs but I'm past all that, keep it simple and clean but don't rice it out...just my opinion :cheers:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITs an all or nothing thing to me. What i would do is insted of blacking out your parking lights. Get a pair of projector headlights that are black and not crome.

that way you can get the blacked out look but not loose any light output and in some cases GET MORE!!!

I agree with that... the black projector headlights would look good.

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it legal to black out the blinker lights etc. I say keep it how you have it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...008QQitemZ180286320105QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I bought crome ones from these guys before i got My denali projectors. They were great, and infact their still sitting in my garage.

Highly reccommended, and if you dont like them, its not the end of the world like your smoked lights could be. Plus if you dont like the HALO lights, just dont wire them, You really dont notice them enless you really look or if their ON!:D

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep it the way it is. why doen you post a pic of the truck the exact way it is right now with the cleared headlights. that way we can get a real look at the truck

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it legal to black out the blinker lights etc. I say keep it how you have it.

Most states it's not illegal, they just have to be seen... I used to have an '89 Silverado with the GTS blackouts on both the turn signals and the headlights... I ended up taking them off 'cause they just didn't look right.... but when I had them on... the turn signals weren't bad... but the headlights were too dim.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score